Honda Unveils Mobility-Assisting Exoskeletons

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
No, they don’t give you super-strength or stealth powers so you’ll have to keep playing Crysis for those capabilities. However, these new exoskeletons by Honda can assist with walking and lifting heavy items, which will go a long way in improving the quality of life for many people. That Bodyweight Support Assist exoskeleton looks… uncomfortable.

Bodyweight Support Assist exoskeleton wouldn't look half as bad if he sat on it backwards. And It probably is just as comfortable as a bike seat I would guess.

I am glad I will grow old this century and not years past. I have a feeling my mobility will be secured all the way to the grave with these advancements on the line.

Bodyweight Support Assist exoskeleton wouldn't look half as bad if he sat on it backwards. And It probably is just as comfortable as a bike seat I would guess.

I am glad I will grow old this century and not years past. I have a feeling my mobility will be secured all the way to the grave with these advancements on the line.

On second thought, the units "knees" probably go forward for a reason, so you can still sit in normal chairs.

Just as long as it doesn't become an excuse for fat people to eat more...

I like the bumper for your nuts though... :rolleyes:

1239727490S1tv40HSua_1_1_l.jpg

That one looks like it's meant to perform some bizarre and extremely painful method of castration .

Seems like a much more logical step than jumping directly to fully-functional humanoid robots, which is what Honda and others have tried to do in the past. Yeah, Asimo is cool, but just about anyone can beat him in a foot-race, hockey game, game of pickup sticks, etc. At least these "Extra Legs" could be useful to someone right now.

I don't think they are taking this far enough or thinking far enough into the future.

What I think a lot of guys like me would like is a mobility-assisting exoskeleton to help with a certain "personal" part of my analtomy. When are they going to come out with that?

I don't think they are taking this far enough or thinking far enough into the future.

What I think a lot of guys like me would like is a mobility-assisting exoskeleton to help with a certain "personal" part of my analtomy. When are they going to come out with that?

they make those in pill form

i cant wait for someone to hack the firmware so that it........does other things ;) ;) ;)

;)

This will be great when I hit my goal of 1000 femur snapping LBS.

Now they just need to make non-degradable hip joints

So now men's penis will be replaced by robots, which means:
1. They get the pleasure
2. They get the fun
3. We get fat and dont even enjoy the pleasures of life ;)

Made by Honda. Just wait till the Civic tunerz get their hands on it. Neon lights, nitrous kits maybe a turbo. Shoot we'll have guys running 9's in the 1/4 mile in a year or two;)

Back