Hooking up the SLI

SKy042

[H]ard|Gawd
First the bridge. I'm going to assume it doesn't matter which way it's installed.

Second my directions said I had to hook the monitor to the second card but when I tried that the monitor never turned on. It only turned on when hooked to the first card were my directions just mis-printed from xfx?

dont think it matters about the bridge. i am on an asus a8n sli board and my monitor plugs into the top card, if you state your motherboard someone will confirm for you.

dogard said:
dont think it matters about the bridge. i am on an asus a8n sli board and my monitor plugs into the top card, if you state your motherboard someone will confirm for you.
In my sig. Epox 9NPA+SLI
The directions that came with the XFX card didn't specify. I didn't look at the motherboard manual. Since it's Epox it's mostly Engrish.

You'd think that it would work on any DVI port nomatter what card its on? After you set it up, don't forget to change the settings under the Forceware control panel. That may be why its not working. Switch it back to the first card and then try changing your settings to enable SLI Multi-GPU.

dR.Jester said:
You'd think that it would work on any DVI port nomatter what card its on? After you set it up, don't forget to change the settings under the Forceware control panel. That may be why its not working. Switch it back to the first card and then try changing your settings to enable SLI Multi-GPU.

Yeah that was actually the first thing I did. It's set to multi GPU and the system recognizes it as SLI.

I'm actually leaning towards pulling out my old GTX and putting the new one in it's slot and making sure this new one is 100%. I'm starting to have my doubts especially since my 3dmark score is below what it should be.

Double check your manual for your mobo sometimes you have to enable it in the bios and with switches.

The bios also has some sli features you may wanna check out if it has any that is I know mine has a couple.

What version of the drivers do you have installed for your card?

My DFI has jumper settings on the Motherboard did you check to see if you had to do this for the sencond card to work ? it will see you card even if your jumpers are not set but wont let you use it in SLI if thats the case most have mb have these jumpers i think. I did the same thing it was saying my card was hooked up and working but it was not working because of these jumpers on the mb.

Moto450fyz said:
My DFI has jumper settings on the Motherboard did you check to see if you had to do this for the sencond card to work ? it will see you card even if your jumpers are not set but wont let you use it in SLI if thats the case most have mb have these jumpers i think. I did the same thing it was saying my card was hooked up and working but it was not working because of these jumpers on the mb.

Windows did detect the second card. Also told me SLI was enabled. I also saw a corresponding jump in 3dmark score just not as HIGH as I'd like it to have been.

SKy042 said:
Windows did detect the second card. Also told me SLI was enabled. I also saw a corresponding jump in 3dmark score just not as HIGH as I'd like it to have been.

You should note that alot of people that bench and actually care do so on a clean install, heavily optimized windows as lean as possible, overlcocked in most cases, spent a fortune at some point on cooling or certain parts.

Adjusting the drivers profiles etc etc not sure what to say.

The bridge can be installed in either direction. You have to connect the video cable to the primary card. I don't think it matters which port you use though. You'll also need to enable SLi in the driver.

As far as your 3D Mark scores go, you can adjust the driver profile quite a bit to get more performance out of the cards.

Back