Hosts File Madness--Missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnival Forces

Supreme [H]ardness
i think it was either stickied in this forum or in the OS forum, but i can't find it--even when i use the search. does anyone know where i can get the hosts file list? specifically the 0.0.0.0 one, please?

Most spyware hosts files redirect to 127.0.0.1, but you could easily take the list from mvps.org , perform a global search and replace to set the IP to 0.0.0.0. Just be sure to keep localhost as 127.0.0.1

SJConsultant said:
Most spyware hosts files redirect to 127.0.0.1, but you could easily take the list from mvps.org , perform a global search and replace to set the IP to 0.0.0.0. Just be sure to keep localhost as 127.0.0.1
thanks, but do you know where the original thread was that was on the [H] forums?

omg, where is Ice Czar..you guys, this was a STICKY and i'm certain it was in the Operating Systems forum now, since no one here seems to be much help :rolleyes:

MajorDomo said:
Any discussion of ad blocking software or instruction for using ad blocking regarding this forum or any other discussion in general of attempting to block advertisement will result in a no questions asked permanent ban on your account. This is not done lightly, rather deliberately to deny access to those who choose to utilize this forum, but not support our sponsors. It takes money to finance the cost of bandwidth, especially a forum of this size and if you don't care enough to support us through our advertisers, then we don't need your business. This will be the only warning with no discussion.

brought about by some rather blatant poor judgement
the Host Files Madness thread a collateral victim, it was dragged out back late one night and a .22 put in its brain.

sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back