HOT: 2 Gig (2x1Gig) G.Skill PC-6400 5-5-5-12 RAM -- $99 at NewEgg

Markyip1

[H]ard|Gawd
5/2/07 EDIT: The price of this RAM has been fluctuating wildly, so who knows where it'll be later on. As of 5:01 EDT on May 2nd, it's $96. That's easily the cheapest I've ever seen for a full fledged 2GB DDR2-6400 set.

CORRECTION: RAM is rated 5-5-5-15, not 5-5-5-12. (edited from original post)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231098

I have two sets of this pair, and it runs dutifly at spec 800Mhz, but with timings tightened at 4-4-4-12 for my 3.6Ghz Core 2 Duo E6600 Overclock. Been running stable and error free for two months now.

Mark.

If you bought the Firesticks with the Micron D9 chips and overclocked them, then no. While the $99 RAM is a most competent set, it does not overclock nearly as well as the Firestick Dimms. You may be able to match the timings, but you won't be able to get this RAM past 900Mhz at best.

Regards,

Mark.

You may be able to match the timings, but you won't be able to get this RAM past 900Mhz at best.

Regards,

Mark.

you were saying? looks the same to me...
this is not even pushing it. i just built the system yesterday. i have yet to go beyond stock voltage.

untitled.jpg

that is just WRONG!! :-( LoL... I think it's going to be how 128 mb was a lot of memory to have... and look how cheap you can ge it now. 1 gig sticks will cost like 15 dollars because all computers will have about 40 gigs of ram running windows 2010. haha

Hot deal

I bought some of these earlier this week. Should have them by tomorrow, with an open box 965 mobo that I bought too! ;)

I already have a set of this memory and I haven't had any problems so tempted to make the jump to 4GB's for cheap although I am only using XP Pro still tempting. We can thank the upcoming release of DDR3 for the prices free falling as of late.

I already have a set of this memory and I haven't had any problems so tempted to make the jump to 4GB's for cheap although I am only using XP Pro still tempting. We can thank the upcoming release of DDR3 for the prices free falling as of late.

yeah it's good for us who are holding on to xp and not jumping to vista.. I think by the time I move to another operating system, they will have like 4gb ddr3 sticks and everyone on here will have 16 gigs of ddr3 and that will be the norm... and motherboards will have integrated physics cards as well as a onboard x1950 :)

Back