HOT $259 R9 290X Reference - Refurbished, no Rebates, Newegg

leeleatherwood

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814105033&cm_re=r9_290-_-14-105-033-_-Product

9c8D997.png

Just as point of ref, the open box 970 is back in stock from the other deal for a little more. Both seem like good deals. Maybe not awesome deals but pretty good at the moment.

The reference cooler on a 290x?

You're right - this will run HOT. Very very hot.

Reference models are best if you want to watercool, widest availability of waterblocks.

Reference models are also better in the Silverstone cases which exhaust from the top.

A genuine AMD card.. as reference as you can get! Don't see many of these around!

Crap I want to buy one for crossfire but I haven't had time to play any games since getting the first one :(

A genuine AMD card.. as reference as you can get! Don't see many of these around!

Indeed, although it is the exact same card as the Sapphire I am running in my rig. These cards love to be watercooled! If they drop to ~$230, I will have to force myself to go ahead and get another one..I was holding off because of freesync, but it will hard to resist.

Wow, very tempting! Especially factoring in a waterblock.

Must resist to next gen...

Sorry, I'm never giving up G-SYNC! :D

Nice price tho, especially if you are planning on watercooling, these would be perfect.

Yes the cards run very silent and cool under a nice waterblock especially if you replace the stock thermal pads.

Back