HOT! Am3 combo from Micro Center

Picked up a phenom ii 555be and a biostar mobo from this deal about a week ago and was able to unlock the two cores and run it @ 3.6ghz.
I did pretty well with unlocking the two cores as well. Very pleased.

damn does anybody know if Tustin location is still in stock of anything?

So a Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition and unlock the cores(if possible with the MSI
785GM-P45) or Athlon II X4 635? Decisions, decisions?!? What says the crowd?

I would like to get the MSI 785G-E53 but out of stock and have been for at least a week.

Going off today to pick up my second combo order. Going with the 555BE this time around.

So a Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition and unlock the cores(if possible with the MSI
785GM-P45) or Athlon II X4 635? Decisions, decisions?!? What says the crowd?

I would like to get the MSI 785G-E53 but out of stock and have been for at least a week.

For gaming I'd get the 555BE, chances of unlocking are fairly good. For office or number crunching the 635. Really you can't go wrong either way.

It's probably just the overclocker in me, but I love the idea of getting something for "free" so I always go for the 555's. The safe bet is obviously the 635, which will run games 95% as well, and without any risk of not unlocking. But I build these for fun, and if they don't unlock, no worries, I have plenty of friends who can use a new $250 dual or tri-core box to replace their Athlon 1's, P4's ect.

Jesus the motherboard was in stock for a total of 10 minutes. I came home and it was out of stock. I hate you all.

edit: this is the tustin store -_-

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but it's directly related, so...

Anyone want an ever-so-slightly-used 555BE (that won't unlock, btw.. though I could just be doing something wrong) with an MSI 785GM P45 for $100 including s&h? :) I got both from my semi-local Micro Center (Tustin, CA) less than a week ago. The 555BE didn't unlock, so.. fun's over for me. :p I can also throw in one of these for $80 more. :D PM!

While directly related, after 2.8 years here, you should know better. ;) This is a forsale section item.

Question:

I bought an AMD 965 BE and a MSI MB from Microcenter 3 days ago. I have not opened it. Everything is completely new and untouched. Can I return it for full refund? I called Microcenter today and asked them if I could and they said yes. However, I just looked at the receipt and this is what it says,

"New merchandise may be exchanged or returned for refund with your original packing slip subject to the conditions listed below. "

"Service parts, motherboards and processors may only be exchanged, and only if defective, within 30 days of purchase if in "like-new" condition."

I am assuming what they mean is that if you open it and it is in "like-new" considiton you cannot return for refund. However you can return for refund if it is brand new and un-opened (interestingly most of the motherboards are nto sealed).

Last edited:
Question:

I bought an AMD 965 BE and a MSI MB from Microcenter 3 days ago. I have not opened it. Everything is completely new and untouched. Can I return it for full refund?...

Yeah, you can return brand-new CPUs and motherboards for a full refund. I've done it before with no problems. The motherboard thing is kind of iffy, but.. honor system? :p

Yeah, you can return brand-new CPUs and motherboards for a full refund. I've done it before with no problems. The motherboard thing is kind of iffy, but.. honor system? :p

Well like I said, I have never even opened it. I just want to upgrade, that's all.

out of curiosity, did anyone get the 1055t running in the MSI board at all?

Nice to see they added a couple Asus boards with 870/890 chipsets to the combo list, although they aren't close to free.

Adding more boards to give customers more choices certainly isn't a bad thing, I just don't think they represent quite as good of value as, say, the MSI 785g-e53 which is basically free with a CPU.

For example, you can get a 1055t and an M4A89GTD for ~$350 at the egg. The same bundle offered in this promotion only saves about twenty bucks, and that's before taxes.

Adding more boards to give customers more choices certainly isn't a bad thing, I just don't think they represent quite as good of value as, say, the MSI 785g-e53 which is basically free with a CPU.

For example, you can get a 1055t and an M4A89GTD for ~$350 at the egg. The same bundle offered in this promotion only saves about twenty bucks, and that's before taxes.

The 1055t is a rare example of a CPU that is not exceedingly cheap at Microcenter though. I mean, $200 is the going street rate for it. Their Intel stuff is almost always $100+ cheaper than the competition, which is what makes them such good deals.

I bit on the 965 with the Asus M4A87TD and grabbed four gigs ocz ddr3, this is my first build not using corsair. Hope I don't regret not getting the 1055t!

Their Intel stuff is almost always $100+ cheaper than the competition, which is what makes them such good deals.
Yep, their prices on Intel chips are a bargain.

MC's AMD prices are right in line with places like Newegg. They just change tactics for some reason selling AMD stuff, bundling the CPU's with motherboards instead of lowering the prices on the chips themselves.

now the msi board is back in stock in my local micro center but I am having a second through on upgrading my PII x4 940 to the x6.

The MSI 785G-E53 board is out of stock near me. If it wasn't, I'd already be running a new quad core system.

Hey anyone get a combo recently?
At my Local MC they have the E53 mobo in stock, but its not listed on the combo anymore. Has anyone been able to get that board as part of a combo?
How is the MSI P45 board? It's either that or a shitty BIostar board. I don't want to spend the money for the Asus board when I know I will go Bulldozer next year.

Any thoughts? Does MC take back CPUs( for exchange if it doesn't unlock?) I don';t thinK i will do that, but has anyone done it before?

the p45 is a bit limited compared to the e53, but it's fine for me. unlocked all cores and I was able to get a decent OC out of my 555. not bad considering it's free, but i would try to get the e53.

Back