HOT? Compaq Presario v3000 $399 AR

waltherone

Gawd
Not sure how hot you all will find this.. tried to be descriptive in the title but didn't wanna clutter it up too much.

I work at office depot, and OD is having a 3 day sale starting today, till saturday, I just saw the ad this morning on an overnight, there's a CTO laptop (Configure To Order, meaning, you order and its shipped to you), compaq presario v3000, 1.86ghz Core Solo, 512mb ram, dvd burner, 60gb hard drive, 14.1" screen, for $399 after rebates. It shows up at first as 829.99 on the screen, but there is 150 dollars instant savings you don't get to see until you get to the Submit part of the order process. Then 280 dollars in three mail-in rebates.

Only catch is, they charge you for shipping, and it's been a while since I did one of these orders, but last time I did it, shipping is :eek: $55 :eek:

Also, ad tax of course, unless you're tax exempt or something. Even still, a 1.8ghz core solo in a tiny 14" lappy for 500 bucks isn't a bad deal at all... I'm thinking I might go get one today, I've got 2gb of ram already sitting here that would suit it nicely :)

EDIT: Configuration Code is 01111978

EDIT 2: Also, it comes with a free HP 3180 printer. Kinda forgot to mention that, just sweetens the deal a bit eh? :)

maademperor said:
is it instore only? can you provide a link if its accessible via the website?

Sorry, should amentioned. It's in store only. If you type in that config code on the techdepot website it comes up as invalid. The 150 instant savings and 100 out of the 280 mail-in rebates is compaq factory rebates, but the rest of it is OD rebates and ONLY apply to in store purchase.

EDIT: Also forgot to add, SINCE it's a confi. to order computer, you can customize it. Say, for $150 more you can have the baseline Core 2 duo chip in it :) The rebates will still apply, you just pay more due to your upgrades, you can change anything on the laptop too.

ALSO, edited original thread to show its free printer.

What a bumch of crap that is. Let me go to a store to buy a laptop so I can pay for it to ship! Also if you're correct, $100 to ship something as small as a laptop is total BS.

Comes out to 500 for a core solo 14" laptop if you get the rebates back, good luck matching that anywhere else (other than elsewhere with more rebates).

thats $500 + tax, and if you get the rebates back. and I gotta deal with some nimrod at the store (no offense OP :D ), forget it. thier will be plenty of these types of deals as stock of non core-duo/single core amd get liquidated

annaconda said:
Corsolo is old news guys, for $150 more you can get COREDUO

Yeha but for surfing the web in class I don't need core duo, and in the 450 price range (well, about 410 with my emp. discount) core solo is gonna be by far the best choice :)

this really isn't interesting to me unless you truly can get the upgrade to a core 2 duo...

can you confirm you can get core2s in this thing?

because a core2 laptop for around 650-700 is a steal imo

I'm looking at our local OD circular and I don't see a C2D offered. (Here's the direct link if you wanna lookie at our local ad.) Best I see is a CoreDuo for $600 AR.

goodcooper said:
yea i thought it might be easier to ask the employee

:rolleyes:

the employee confirmed it in OP. by your post you indicated you didnt believe that, hence you will have to go into the store to confirm :rolleyes:

maademperor said:
the employee confirmed it in OP. by your post you indicated you didnt believe that, hence you will have to go into the store to confirm :rolleyes:

no he didn't... mentioned it in post #3 but no confirmation...

Rori said:
I'm looking at our local OD circular and I don't see a C2D offered. (Here's the direct link if you wanna lookie at our local ad.) Best I see is a CoreDuo for $600 AR.

thanks, that is what i figured

goodcooper said:
no he didn't... mentioned it in post #3 but no confirmation...

thanks, that is what i figured

Sorry for the delayed response. At any rate, you CAN NOT order it with C2D afterall. I checked it at like 530am thursday morning (worked overnight wednesday night) and I guess they hadn't updated it yet at that time, because when I bought the thing today, it showed core solo as the only option.

Mine came out to 732 after shipping and tax, with my employee discount. 452 after rebates. So I don't care if y'all don't like it, it'll do my job well :)

it is legit.. they offer it at my Office Depot, but the $99 shipping really kills the deal.

thanks for confirming waltherone...

if i needed a core solo laptop, this'd be the time to get one...

nice deal :D

w1retap said:
it is legit.. they offer it at my Office Depot, but the $99 shipping really kills the deal.

I updated a few posts above, it's 55 dollars shipping rather than 99 dollars. My mistake on that one, I didn't bother checking, as EVERYTHING from the cto program always has 99 dollars shipping, guess they made lappies the one exception.

goodcooper said:
thanks for confirming waltherone...

if i needed a core solo laptop, this'd be the time to get one...

nice deal :D

Indeed :) I had bought a toshiba M105-s3041 a few weeks back on sale at OD, came out to 480 after rebate, but it broke after 6 days (screen wouldn't work, bad graphics chip or maybe just faulty screen, dunno). I took it back but it was a one week thing, we werent getting anymore, no one had any left, I was bummed, so I just got my money back, figured I wouldnt find a deal like that again for a while... oops :D

It's good enough for me to take to school to watch episodes of prison break and play tribes 2 during my 2hr break in the evening :p

I really hate dealing with CTO's at work, the shipping is what always ticks me off. Customers get mad about it too. I know that the things are shipping directly from China to your front door but come on a company the size of HP should have a great contract with UPS or Fedex. /rant

None the less this is a good deal and thought about getting one myself.

waltherone said:
I updated a few posts above, it's 55 dollars shipping rather than 99 dollars. My mistake on that one, I didn't bother checking, as EVERYTHING from the cto program always has 99 dollars shipping, guess they made lappies the one exception.
no, I went and checked. Its definetly $99 shipping for me. (woodhaven, michigan store)

w1retap said:
no, I went and checked. Its definetly $99 shipping for me. (woodhaven, michigan store)

Damn, that really sucks. So I go back to what I originally said, freaking rip off :p

Back