Hot Deal! EVGA B stock!

Hah, the next special products sale will begin in 1 hour and 647 minutes...

very hot

although that's one of the most poorly designed e-tailer sites i've seen

they need to make is a bit clearer which cards they're selling (why is the font so small?)

and what's this: The next special product sale will start in 1 hour and 648 minutes

i know you're a mod there, maybe you can get them to make it a bit more user friendly?

I'm not really up on the old tech, which is better, a 7900GS or a 7800GTX?

yes it would make a difference but not a x2 difference in games maybe 40 percent but you will be able to see it

If they put up a 7900gtx for a price like that I'll be eating ramen till next payday. *fingers crossed*

BTW, any warranty included? I didn't see anything about one..

I'm not really up on the old tech, which is better, a 7900GS or a 7800GTX?

Your average 7900gs will overclock to outperform the 7800gtx easily, but stock for stock 7800gtx is a little bit faster.. it is more on par with 7900gt.

But then again, I've never seen an EVGA 7900gs/7900gt overclock for crap.. donno y.

Josh

If they put up a 7900gtx for a price like that I'll be eating ramen till next payday. *fingers crossed*

BTW, any warranty included? I didn't see anything about one..
I couldn't find the warranty info either. Those are second-hand cards after all. The usual "we have assured this product blah blah.. " doesn't spark any confidence in me.

I picked one up on the first round of this. $68 shipped for a 7800GTX, not bad (needed a similarly priced card anyways).

Not sure on the warranty.

Hmm, I've already got one 7800 GTX KO... wondering if I should go with another one.

Not crapping, just relaying a recent experience. B-stock are customer returns, so are most items sent out for RMAs.

I rma'd my 680i board because of the quad core overclocking issue and received the replacement board on Thursday. -Let me say right now, the replacement seems to work just fine.- Friday I dismantled my whole rig, wrapped up the old board, etc. While mounting my HSF, I noticed marks from the previous support bracket on the back of the board and touched it.. sticky. Then I tried to remove a small spot with some alcohol on a q-tip, no go. Then I notice more adhesive on the back edge of the board.. then I notice more. The ENTIRE back edge of the bottom of the boad is covered with whatever this adhesive is and it's not easily removed.

The top side of the board looks pristine.

I called to complain, and EVGA did offer to replace it "if it's a problem.". The board does work.

All I'm saying here I guess is, if you're ordering B-stock then know what you might be getting. Whoever is reconditioning these might not be as picky as you.

I picked one up on the first round of this. $68 shipped for a 7800GTX, not bad (needed a similarly priced card anyways).

Not sure on the warranty.
Did it come with cables and DVI to VGA adapters? How about a box?

Did they jack up the prices? I don't see any 7800GTX for anywhere near 68, they're all 99.99 :(

just to let everyone know i just called evga and the warr on the b-stock is only 90 days.

ill pass on this one. and just get the 7900gs from the egg for 105 ar.

Sorry guys wasnt able to answer your questions. And yes these are recertified and carry 90 days.

With my experience with EVGA products, 90 days is a deal breaker. Ms.7800GT KO looked so sexy for my standard internet computer.

Well, its not new and it is used. They arent going to sell you a card thats like 2 years old and slap on a lifetime warranty? It makes no sense right?

they will if they're going to compete with cards from the egg and off users here that carry lifetime warranties included in their discount prices... the $105 ar 7900GS with a lifetime warranty is worth more than anything on their entire list alone... sorry man

I'm building a new rig and am planing on turning my old one into a good pc for me mums, just wanted a cheap pci-e card... I just found this post now, and apparently I'm told that prices were lower earlier.

Its called Bait-and-Switch my fellow ruski...

horoshi product, no plohiye ludi igraut s czenami !

Its not that... these are not new cards!!! These are used. They are meant to help out the budget crowd that still want to Sli or just want good performance. And btw the prices drop down to about 70 bucks when the sales are on. When they arent everything is 100 dollars.\

Evga offers a lifetime warranty but these arent new retail cards, they are recertified OEM.

Looks like they will be back 6AM PST tomorrow? Is it just going to be graphic cards or will it include some boards?

Well, its not new and it is used. They arent going to sell you a card thats like 2 years old and slap on a lifetime warranty? It makes no sense right?

Considering my experience, which includes 2 8800GTS RMA's, 2 7900GT RMA's and getting screwed over on my pre-paid advanced RMA, getting anything short of a lifetime warranty on their product at any price is not worth it. These cards are too old to make worthwhile. A 7900GS or 7950GT will stomp the SLI setup of any of those after some overclocking on the G71 part.

do u think two 7800gtx's would be a little under a 8800gts 320? i wanna buy two for 120 and then a motherboard and case

But then again, I've never seen an EVGA 7900gs/7900gt overclock for crap.

Check my sig for my 7900GS overclock :D, and let a 7800GTX even try to overclock to compete with that.

I got a 7800GTX for just under $70 shipped!! I don't care if there is only a 90-day warranty, this is a steal. If there is anything inherently wrong with the card, I will make sure of that within the first week of testing. Then it will go into my little bro's pending rig. This is much better then buying a card off someone in the FS/FT forum and not getting any warranty at all unless it's an XFX card.

My guess is these are cards people returned using the Step Up program. Ive had both the evga 7800gtx and 7900GS. I actualy prefered the 7800GTX's performance at 1680x1050, it handled games much better in my Opty system. If your using aftermarket cooling and overclocking, or even volt modding, then 7900GS all the way.

did nobody else notice the 5900xt? aah the memories.

but where's the big three slot cooler i remember them having?

5900xt is the smarter choice over the 7800gtx :D

but where's the big three slot cooler i remember them having?
That was the 5800 Ultra, and the dustbuster was a 2 slot cooler. :p The 5900/5950 Ultra had a quieter 2 slot cooler design, but almost all 5900 and 5900XT cards used a single slot cooler.

I had my old 5900 flashed with a 5950 Ultra BIOS and it worked with the stock single slot cooler. Those 5900XT cards should be going for $40, not $90. :p

Back