Hot deal possible approaching on Dell's

On July 21st Dell is going to have a pretty nice deal on there dimension desktops and inspiron notebooks for their EPP program, $700 off $1400 for desktops, and $750 off 1500 for notebooks. This kinda deal happens somewhat often for notebooks but quite rarely for desktops, and when they have other promotions running simultaneously you can get ridiculously good deals, like the one in my sig. The 9100 has replaced the 8400 in the dimension lineup and it iss capable of running at 1066 fsb, so the 3 ghz processor should be able to be modded to force a 1066 fsb. If the promotion was today you could get the following for around $650:

3 ghz p4 moddable to 4 ghz
160 gig HD
DVD rom drive and cdrw drive
geforce 6800
Sound blaster live audigy
17" LCD monitor

for about $650

Can you give some more details about what is in the notebook, or if there are going to be some other deals such as cheap lcd moniters?

Also, I haven't a clue what the EEP program is or whatever so what would getting this deal entail?

i don't work for the gov, or a school and i have a epp account from where i work..

it depends on if the company you work for.. some comps have it, but don't let the employees use it..

Either way, my brother's going to be getting a 6000 when this deal hits.

I was starting to regret having gone with the Acer instead of a Dell 9300.

but..

1. I get XP64 capability
2. I get carbon fiber for the lid
3. I don't want a 17" screen
4. I can keep using my laptop backpack since it's just a 15.4"

Oh well.

i think alot of people are missing that THIS IS A DESKTOP he is refering to.

anyway, my girl picked up this same desktop for the same price $650 a couple weeks ago through one of those dell fliers in the mail.

so is this for home only? or how do i do epp, i go to a college so maybe itll work for me? ive tried before i just forget now -_-

for EPP, if you go to a college, you put in the college name and your ID# and stuff, that way they could fubar you if you really dont go there, but as far as i know they dont check it. Luckily, im still in college......but i already got a lappy for a good price...
It depends on the overall upgrade options for the laptops for what makes it a good deal.

I still don't understand how to get an education discount. I have a friend going to the University of Richmond and they don't have a program with dell. I'd like to know if its possible to get a discount or become part of EPP with just her ID# or such. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Rob

No, your school or company must sign up with Dell for the EPP program. A single person cannot sign up, they must be given the information by their school or employer. Now, I would like to thank Purdue. :)

UGA is a partner with Dell. If you go to www.bookstore.uga.edu

Scroll down to the link that reads: Click here to view the Online Dell Store for your Campus.

On the page that comes up click the link Click Here in: "* Click Here to shop our complete line of systems and receive up to 12% off your purchase of a system plus special promotional items!"

This will take you to Dell University. Right now the only special deal is double your EPP discount Select Systems. Through UGA, this could be anywhere from 8% to 24% off. The deals aren't as good as the Outrageous deals that we've seen for the last few weeks, I hope Socrilles17 is correct though, because I'm in need of a new desktop system.

Edit: in order to get the 24% off right now you have to buy at least a 3 year service plan.

Anybody know where you can find a list of what universities have an EPP arrangement with Dell? Specifically I'm wondering about the University of Wisconsin if anybody knows offhand.

Erfus said:
No, your school or company must sign up with Dell for the EPP program. A single person cannot sign up, they must be given the information by their school or employer. Now, I would like to thank Purdue. :)

Purdue does this? What do I need in order to take advantage of it?

Socrilles17 said:
On July 21st Dell is going to have a pretty nice deal on there dimension desktops and inspiron notebooks for their EPP program, $700 off $1400 for desktops, and $750 off 1500 for notebooks. This kinda deal happens somewhat often for notebooks but quite rarely for desktops, and when they have other promotions running simultaneously you can get ridiculously good deals, like the one in my sig. The 9100 has replaced the 8400 in the dimension lineup and it iss capable of running at 1066 fsb, so the 3 ghz processor should be able to be modded to force a 1066 fsb. If the promotion was today you could get the following for around $650:

3 ghz p4 moddable to 4 ghz
160 gig HD
DVD rom drive and cdrw drive
geforce 6800
Sound blaster live audigy
17" LCD monitor

for about $650

Generally speaking, it's never that great. Usually when Dell offers massive discounts, you can only choose from limited hardware (and they jack up the price overall on the components.) I remember last time they did a deal like this.. where it was $750 off laptops over $1500 or something... the laptops that were included (6000 series) only had graphics options that included the x300... and the x300 isn't what you'd expect in a $1500 laptop. Not to mention I think it only had a 40gb hard drive, an 8x dvd-rom(maybe it had the dvd/cdrw combo..) and 256mb of ram. This isn't the type of stuff you'd see in a $1500 laptop. The desktops were sold in a similar fashion.. :( But I guess we'll see.

Yea, Illinois State also has a Dell EPP code. Just check with your school IT department. They should know.

dammit NTC has an epp account but I just spent all my money on tution and books.

UPS employees can also purchase through the EPP program in case you want to know.

Just ordered my brother's laptop.

only ones they offered were the 2200, 600m, 700m, and 9300.

He wanted the 6000, but settled for the 700m as I could get that specced better for a low price than I could the 9300.

1.6ghz, 256mb RAM, 40gb hdd, DVDRW, 2 year at home service...he'll need to buy a new hdd, RAM, and battery after market...

Back