HOT DEAL!: Socket 939 3500+

take a look at their motherboard selections..pretty good choices..
k8v and k8v-se deluxe are good..the abit version is suppose to be good as well

I just thought about this...Monarch offers the OEM version of this for $346..They will give a 3 year warranty thru them for $15 more bringing total to $361which would save $8 if you already had a heatsink fan or were going to upgrade anyways!! Even a better deal! haha :p :D ;)

EDIT: Ahh it appears they have free shipping on OEM, so $361 shipped for OEM+3 Year thru them..all you need then is a heatsink!

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum Audio/GB-LAN/USB/IEEE/SATA/DDR-400/ATX 64 (939)

Now Taking Preorders
ETA July 28
Ship dates may change. Please check back here for most current ETA date.
for $157.

Also at Monarch.

the reason monarch computer has such good reseller ratting is that they are part of newegg (or rather newegg was spunoff from monarch) :)

topcat989 said:
the reason monarch computer has such good reseller ratting is that they are part of newegg (or rather newegg was spunoff from monarch) :)
hehe, never knew that

didnt know that either, i have an abs pc and i had a bad experience with their customer service, never had such problem with newegg.

topcat989 said:

. . . they took Paypal payment before Newegg ;)

topcat989 said:

Monarch has been in business since 1991. Don't think newegg can say the same :rolleyes: :p ;)

Monarch is a very good company to do business with. Monarch and NewEgg are the only two that I deal with anymore.

I got 3 computers from them a few years ago. Only had one problem. They sent 1 cpu to run the 3 computers :rolleyes: But they fixed that very quickly.

I gotta agree, I've been planning to got to S939 for awhile now, but the local stores had atrocious prices on the 3500+. Even with the exchange rate, this comes in at a sweet price. According to the Anandtech price guide, that's a price drop of $138 from their last update. It's too bad they didn't have any good deals on Video Cards. Oh well, can't win em all.

Crap. The MSI Neo Platinum 939 has been bumped back to Aug 2nd according to Monarchcomputer. Eh, I think I'm going to go with a 3400 and the 754 Neo now. Especially since the 939 board doesn't have DDR2 or PCI-Express. And I've been waiting much too long to build this computer, have too much hardware that's sitting around doing nothing.

MUST WAIT! I just cancelled my Monarch order for the 3500 & MSI. I'm going to try and wait until a PCI-Express board comes out, as I hear the Abit board will support this and be out in September.

But this price drop just made it very hard to continue waiting. The way my "clicker" finger is getting, I'll probably only survive until the MSI comes out in August.

As for the $3500, ZipZoomFly has a retail for $367 w/ free second day shipping.

Newegg now has it at $365 w/ free fedex super saver shipping.

Im confused, these are clocked at 2.2ghz w/ a 512 cache. What makes them 3400+, they are the same core as the one I bought today, just 754 vs 939.

:confused:

ToyYoda03 said:
Im confused, these are clocked at 2.2ghz w/ a 512 cache. What makes them 3400+, they are the same core as the one I bought today, just 754 vs 939.

:confused:
Socket 939 uses dual channel memory, which AMD thinks accounts for the 100MHz.

Jimster said:
Socket 939 uses dual channel memory, which AMD thinks accounts for the 100MHz.

Yeah, but reading the review from hardocp, it doesnt really do jack shit in gaming and real life use yet.

look here
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjI2LDU=

The 3700+ is on 754 and it is still kicking ass but the 3500+ and the 3800+ are on 939. In fact sometimes it leads.

I just bought a 3000+ and plan to overclock it like a mofo. The 1mb cache only gives a 5-7 percent increase anyway.

ToyYoda03 said:
Yeah, but reading the review from hardocp, it doesnt really do jack shit in gaming and real life use yet.

One of AnandTech's recent articles on 939 suggested dual channel memory and other improvements in the platform improve the A64's relative performance in video encoding, which is a "real life" application some people do use.

berzerker said:
One of AnandTech's recent articles on 939 suggested dual channel memory and other improvements in the platform improve the A64's relative performance in video encoding, which is a "real life" application some people do use.

touche' :p

ToyYoda03 said:

look here
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjI2LDU=

The 3700+ is on 754 and it is still kicking ass but the 3500+ and the 3800+ are on 939. In fact sometimes it leads.

I just bought a 3000+ and plan to overclock it like a mofo. The 1mb cache only gives a 5-7 percent increase anyway.
Maybe because the 939 will be what 478 pin was for the old P4's. The next upgrade path. Look towards the future, not EOL.

QHalo said:
Maybe because the 939 will be what 478 pin was for the old P4's. The next upgrade path. Look towards the future, not EOL.

AMD Is phasing out XP and the 754 will be the new budjet series (atleast that is what I have read)

Hrmph, I thought 939 was the next step and upgrade path for AMD's future product line. Show's how much I know :p

I was also going to wait for the PCI-E and DDR2 and all but really..when you look at it...If you wait till it comes out offically your going to be paying a lot for tech that is brand new. Its going to take a long time for this stuff to be seen everywhere. PCI-E is going to need PCI-E cards which arnt made yet except for a few video cards. I just ordered my GT and so now i have set the time table..i must finish my shopping or the GT is just sitting around losing value as we speak lol

i dont think im goona upgrade vid yet since nothing really takes advanctage of it, or wait for pci-e since it would require more money, yeah im glad the price dropped,,,,, was about to get a 3000 , now not sure hehe

Back