*HOT* Dell Dimension 3100 w/19LCD 449. No Rebate!

Jasonx82

Supreme [H]ardness
*HOT* Dell Dimension 3100 w/19LCD 449. No Rebate!

Just got my dell catalog and saw this deal thought it was pretty hot.

Dell Dimension 3100 Desktop
Intel Pentium 4 524 with HT (3ghz 1mb 533fsb)
1GB DDR2 SDRAM
80GIG SATA HD
48X CDROM
10/100 LAN
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900
19" Dell Flat Panel
USB Keyboard & Mouse
Windows XP Home
Free Shipping

$449

Good Web/Mp3/Internet/Email Box :)

Jasonx82 said:
No Sorry, it is a Dell Dimesion "3100"
with "19" inch..

i already ordered 2 :p

Hahah arpsjp got....
pwned-facekick.jpg

wow, really wish i could get them to knock off the value of the windows installation... this would be a really nice Fedora box :)

Hey something usable - a code!

Thanks for the correction.....I had to google a 3100 to find it, not sure what's up with Dell's search engine, lol.

Thanks for the scan - off to order one too. :p

that is awsome! and people always say dell sucks,, sorry but you CANT beat this price for what you get! period.

MrGuvernment said:
that is awsome! and people always say dell sucks,, sorry but you CANT beat this price for what you get! period.

Yea whats up with that.. I hear people say dell sucks this and that.. I had nothing but postive exp with them.. also there prices cant be beat..

I do believe the 3100 == E310. I believe the E310 is Home/Home Office, and the 3100 is Small Business side. Same goes for E510/5100, etc

E310/3100 has limited slots though, 2 pci and 1 PCI-e x4 (I think it was a 4, maybe 1).

roberttran said:
weird, I can't find the system on their site

same here, I called and the dell rep, they knew exactly what i was talking about.. thats how i ordered mine..

Do people really pay those upgrade prices. I mean what kind of DVD Burner costs $70 to upgrade from a CD-Rom?

TimothyB said:
Do people really pay those upgrade prices. I mean what kind of DVD Burner costs $70 to upgrade from a CD-Rom?
Yes, think of the JOe blow, which i would say %90 of joe blows who order from dell dont k now how to add items, or change a cdrom drive, or are scared too

how do you think dell makes so much money...

MrGuvernment said:
Yes, think of the JOe blow, which i would say %90 of joe blows who order from dell dont k now how to add items, or change a cdrom drive, or are scared too

how do you think dell makes so much money...

That's what I thought, but with places like Best Buy and Compusa that have these items out in plain sight and offer installation people might be catching on.

If they are that clueless, I should be selling secret plans for $10 each on how to get a computers cheaper or parts at half the cost of retail, and after they pay for the how to just give them some links to Newegg or something :) I mean, sheesh, I went to check ram prices at compusa, I would have paid $400 for their crappy brand instead of a good rated brand for $200 online.

curveball692 said:
I do believe the 3100 == E310. I believe the E310 is Home/Home Office, and the 3100 is Small Business side. Same goes for E510/5100, etc

E310/3100 has limited slots though, 2 pci and 1 PCI-e x4 (I think it was a 4, maybe 1).

Has a 1x pci express slot. Still if you are not doing any 3d with it a good deal. You can also get like a radeon 1300 or 1400 in a 1x slot.

Yup, agreed! My E310 is my SageTV server, does a great job, quiet, CHEAP, plenty fast with a 2.8Ghz cpu, 1GB ram, did I mention CHEAP? :) Got almost $200 out of the free 17" LCD that came with it, promptly did a clean install of XP Pro when I got it, and as you say, if you dont need high end 3d, its great. Key to these systems is not to pay for Dell upgrades!

curveball692 said:
Yup, agreed! My E310 is my SageTV server, does a great job, quiet, CHEAP, plenty fast with a 2.8Ghz cpu, 1GB ram, did I mention CHEAP? :) Got almost $200 out of the free 17" LCD that came with it, promptly did a clean install of XP Pro when I got it, and as you say, if you dont need high end 3d, its great. Key to these systems is not to pay for Dell upgrades!

yeah only thing i did was upgrade to the optical mouse :)

TimothyB said:
That's what I thought, but with places like Best Buy and Compusa that have these items out in plain sight and offer installation people might be catching on.

If they are that clueless, I should be selling secret plans for $10 each on how to get a computers cheaper or parts at half the cost of retail, and after they pay for the how to just give them some links to Newegg or something :) I mean, sheesh, I went to check ram prices at compusa, I would have paid $400 for their crappy brand instead of a good rated brand for $200 online.

Why not, toss them on EBay

"How to get cheaper upgrades for your dell!"

$10 and i will send you instructions on where and how to upgrade your dell for 1/2 the price of parts on dells site!"

Jasonx82 said:
Yea whats up with that.. I hear people say dell sucks this and that.. I had nothing but postive exp with them.. also there prices cant be beat..

the main problem that I hear (as a dell on-site warantee technician) is that they have to spend 2+ hours on the phone with tech support as they run through the script to nail down which part to be sent out.. evenif you have already determined which part is broke.

Back