[HOT]Dell XPS 700 Pentium 920, 1GB DDR2, 1GB nVidia 7950 GX2, 24" LCD, 3yr Warranty,

Dell EPP has XPS 700 desktop PC with 3 years of XPS warranty for a base price of $1552
Click here
Select "Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability add $0"
Select "1GB NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2 Dual-GPU Graphics Card [add $450]"
Select "24 inch UltraSharp™ 2407FPW Widescreen Digital Flat Panel [add $410]"
Select "No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system) [subtract $10]"
Select "Dell® 2-button USB mouse [subtract $10]"
Select "Yes, send me the PC Magazine Subscription Included-Retail value $34.97 add $0"
Select "Symantec AntiVirus 64-bit,12-months add $0" (Page 2)
Add the system to cart
Apply 30% coupon from eBay

The price is now $2362 - 30% coupon - 12% auto discount = $1455. Pay with Discover card to get 5% more back and make the final price $1382. Otherwise, pay with DPA account for the final price of $1426. Thanks sdyaar.

If you want to go on the cheap, choose the configuration with 1-year warranty ($1333 base price), but in the end you will end up saving $25, since you will only be eligible for 6% discount instead of 12%.

If you do not think you can use 7950 GX2 video card, you can leave the 7900GS as is, and save $263 after all discounts ($1119 total). Thanks Thundershaft

Specs:

Pentium D Processor 920 with Dual Core Technology (2.80GHz, 800FSB)
Microsoft Windows XP x64 Edition
1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 2 DIMMs
Dell USB Keyboard
24 inch UltraSharp 2407FPW Widescreen Digital Flat Panel
1GB NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2 Dual-GPU Graphics Card
250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache
Dell 2-button USB mouse
Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
Symantec AntiVirus 64-bit,12-months
3Yr Ltd Warr,At-Home Service,and HW Warr Support plus Nights and Weekends

Taken off slickdeals.

may want to update the post since they don't offer the 7950 anymore.

Anyone know if this motherboard supports conroe?

Really like to know since my brother in law needs a new pc and I want to upgrade to conroe later. I notice that on dells forum/along with their site that the XPS 700 isn't going to ship until august...

navicaph said:
Any one have a spare EPP coupon that they don't want?

Sorry to flame in advance. Before I flame though, I'd like to say I understand your attempt to be efficient.

Amway, if you are spending $1400-$1500 anyway, why be so picky about a measly buck fifty? Go to EBAY!!!

I ordered a XPS 700 with the base config. I did add the card reader, floppy drive, 2407FP and the 23" LCD TV they offered for $549. All told it was under $1865 with tax.

I have two 2007FP monitors and a Dell Dimension 5150 Dual Core system I'll sell to put towards this. I figure between those I should net in a bit over $1000. I've been wanting to get an LCD TV to save some space in my computer room.

Yeah I didn't get the zoomy 7950 GX2, but I also saved $450.

Jesus, I wish I got this sweet deal for $1400 instead of getting ripped off by a $1200 dimension 8400 a year ago. To put this deal in perspective, the dimension 8400 didn't come with a monitor, came with a p4 630, 1gb ddr2 533 ram, 350watt psu, cd-r drive, cd-rw drive, 80gb WD Caviar, 6800nu, 925x chipset mobo = no dual core. My anus hurts (for the less clever, I'm implying Dell butt raped me).

Monkey_feces said:
Jesus, I wish I got this sweet deal for $1400 instead of getting ripped off by a $1200 dimension 8400 a year ago. To put this deal in perspective, the dimension 8400 didn't come with a monitor, came with a p4 630, 1gb ddr2 533 ram, 350watt psu, cd-r drive, cd-rw drive, 80gb WD Caviar, 6800nu, 925x chipset mobo = no dual core. My anus hurts (for the less clever, I'm implying Dell butt raped me).
lol. owned

is this deal "stackable"? I have a company 30% and a personal 35% off coupons. (How much would that rock??)

Usually dell only stacks % off coupons with $$ off coupons. So, no, you can't stack your 30% and 35%

J Macker said:
Usually dell only stacks % off coupons with $$ off coupons. So, no, you can't stack your 30% and 35%

Hm... Ok.

Thanks for squashing my dream of getting a PC for $0.0000000001 with millions of stacked coupons

Sad news is that I got one before the deal ended...but for $1921.33!

Thanks for the heads up on what board this system uses since I didn't know it was 590 since I was worry about conroe support.

Really great deal and since they don't ship till august I got awhile to think it over :p. Does anyone know if the warranty(21 days/total satisfaction guarantee) start when they ship it or when the consumer receives it?

Thanks

Sz1hart said:
Sad news is that I got one before the deal ended...but for $1921.33!

Thanks for the heads up on what board this system uses since I didn't know it was 590 since I was worry about conroe support.

Really great deal and since they don't ship till august I got awhile to think it over :p. Does anyone know if the warranty(21 days/total satisfaction guarantee) start when they ship it or when the consumer receives it?

Thanks
It's after the invoice date, so it starts when it leaves Dell.

Anyone else get screwed by dell?

Ordered up a system, money got pulled from my DPA...

3 days later money got put back and some monkey from dell customer service is trying to brickwall me. Telling me he can give me a 100 coupon on any purchase if i just go away.

That is bull, oh and their excuse about the order... Must be a computer glitch...

Wow so a computer glitch is going to cost me 800 dollars? Fuck dell they just lost one more corporate account (and two small buisness accounts, and of course my DPA).

So anyone else get screwed?

bartsimsonii said:
LOL You didn't take the coupon? You could have gotten big bucks for that.

im still on the phone... dont care bout the coupon.. want the damn box.

was it regarding the XPS 700? Haven't heard about anyone getting their XPS 700 cancel just needed to be reconfigure...

Everybody who has ordered the XPS 700 so far has had problems, my order hasn't even been confirmed yet which worries me.

400+whpwrx said:
Anyone else get screwed by dell?

Ordered up a system, money got pulled from my DPA...

3 days later money got put back and some monkey from dell customer service is trying to brickwall me. Telling me he can give me a 100 coupon on any purchase if i just go away.

That is bull, oh and their excuse about the order... Must be a computer glitch...

Wow so a computer glitch is going to cost me 800 dollars? Fuck dell they just lost one more corporate account (and two small buisness accounts, and of course my DPA).

So anyone else get screwed?

wow that blows. Hope it gets worked out to your benefit, let us know what happens.

The Dell XPS forums are all over this, evidently no XPS700s have been shipping since mid to late May, something about "transitioning" from the XPS600.

I ordered one with an EPP discount that expired on July 5th and I don't have a ship date until August 9th. Ship dates seem to be about 30 days out, with all systems in "pre-production". I imagine that because of the backlog, we may not get systems until September.

Just an FYI for those that ordered if you don't want to wait that long.

Call them and complain about the wait and ask for a COUPON for another system... likely you'll get the $100 off coupon. Heard of some people getting a $50 off coupon

Man I want a coupon hehe. So this system's not shipping till August? That kinda sucks. YOu guys going to cancel?

No word back, i have an open case with them right now.

Gad to see i wasnt the only one who got screwed..

Regardless this is complete BS.

:-/ that's pretty messed up. I heard there are some conspiracy theories that everyone who ordered a 700 is going to get a Conroe system.. Something about building up orders, and not shipping XPS 700's since March

Theres no way they would just "give" everyone upgrades to conroe unless you ask which means you have to pay the difference(who knows how much they even charge you). Even than they would have alot of leftover 920(s) and etc. The rumors about the motherboards seem more likely imo then again it could be anything since dell hasn't said anything.

I got my order confirmed a couple days ago, but the 2 month wait sucks.

They wont do it dont worry.. they are a bunch of biatches.. called em up again.. ended up playing transfer tag for an hour..

These people are crap..

oh did you hear that they are slashing rebats by 80% or so now? So there wont be as many hot dell deals..

Damn. I saw this thread this morning and got excited. I am in the market for a new computer for work, and this would have been smoking.

Back