HOT - Directron 10% Off Everything! GTX 980 = $485.99

Darksword

Gawd
Directron is having a 10% Off weekend sale. Use code: WEEKEND10OFF.

You can snag a PNY GTX 980 for $539.99 - $54.00 = $485.99. :eek:

35dcojr.png

Just ordered the EVGA! Wanted to wait for a non-reference but this deal without tax is just too good to pass up. Thanks OP.

and no tax in California

Just snagged a a Zotac 980 for $490 shipped. What a deal :) Thanks OP

Last edited:
Thanks so much! I am an idiot and got an msi 970 and it is too high for my corsair air 240 :mad:, so I got the zotac and 2nd day air'd it for 326!

Thanks so much! I am an idiot and got an msi 970 and it is too high for my corsair air 240 :mad:, so I got the zotac and 2nd day air'd it for 326!

Wow, that's good to know. I was thinking of buying an Air 240 but have heard wide cards have trouble with it. I guess reference design cards are the best idea for that case. :)

Nice deal. It's tempting, but I'm gonna hold out for higher VRAM cards this time.

With this code you can get a Zotac GTX 970 for $296... holy shit.

Yeah I know...I thought about getting 2 but I had already spent enough for awhile...For a little bit more than a single 980 you could have sli'd 970's

Grabbed a Zotac GTX 970 for $302 shipped. Thanks OP! :D

**edit** Honestly considering getting another. Even at stock speeds a pair of 970's should smash through everything I run on a single 1440p monitor.

Last edited:
Put a 970 in cart, but now that's gone too just when I reached the final page, of course.....

great deal (especially on the 970)...if it were any other manufacturer besides Zotac then I would have bit on the 970

Damn, missed out today. Their site still shows a few of them not listed as sold-out, but won't allow you to add them to the cart.

980 for $491 and 970 for $302 shipped.. killer deal.

damn all the 970s and 980s seem to be gone :(

I ordered it saturday because it was in stock, now they say it's not in stock and should be here wednesday, I paid $33 for 2nd day air...wtf...

Yeah, that's why I never pay more for expedited shipping. I always go for the cheapest ground. Things can always delay shipping (weather, labor strike, vampires, etc)

It said it was in stock, if I knew it wasn't really in stock I never would have ordered it...

I ordered it saturday because it was in stock, now they say it's not in stock and should be here wednesday, I paid $33 for 2nd day air...wtf...

Well at least you should get it Friday as opposed to it falling over to next week

Directron is listing an Asus GTX 980 as apparently in stock (at least no indication to the contrary), but when I try to put it in my cart a message pops up saying it's not. :(

http://www.directron.com/gtx9804gd5.html

UPDATE: These 980 cards are in stock. I placed an order. Now am waiting to see if I qualify for the first-time customer 10% discount. I honestly have no idea if I've ever ordered from Directron before. If I get the discount and can apply a $30 Visa debit gift card, my total will drop to $460. :eek:

UPDATE 2: Scored! They took the gift card and gave me the 10% discount even though I did buy something from them several years ago. Rock on Directron!! :D

Last edited:
The 10% off banner states that the max discount is $100 per new customer. However, the description of the discount states the max discount is $200 per new customer. So which is it? I tried to call them just now and no one is answering the phone.

The 10% off banner states that the max discount is $100 per new customer. However, the description of the discount states the max discount is $200 per new customer. So which is it? I tried to call them just now and no one is answering the phone.
FWIW, my invoice states 10% off up to $100 for new customers.

Just got off the phone with them
They told me cards arrived today and will be shipped out if they unload the truck in time. Also I was told my item won't be shipped using usps as I had chosen, instead it will be ups

I just checked my bank account. I was charged the full price with none of the price breaks I was assured. Not pleased at all. :mad:

Time to call and find out what's what.

Morons I tell you. They go OOS like as if they only have five cards on the table. And then their whole marketing thing, why not just have a 10% of thing every other weekend and make life easier for everyone?

Just called them and found out they have 20 Asus GTX 980's to fill 50+ orders. So they are cutting the first 20 orders to just 1 card each. The rest will have to wait until they get more in stock. This company is just like tigerdirect, baiting you with discount and no live update of inventory.

You guys were right. They just called and said they ran out of cards before getting to my order. I canceled instead of leaving my money tied up while waiting for more cards. Probably best to stick with Newegg from now on.

Yeah I ended up calling and cancelling but they already charged me and the invoice has not changed, and their cs is terrible, 0/10 would not deal with again.

From people who placed orders over the weekend, I just received my shipping notification from ups

^^^ Not trying to salt the wound but I received my shipping notice for the 970 I ordered today. Cursorily, if you search for "GTX 970" now, nothing but 3 aftermarket coolers show up.

Directron's 970s still Out of Stock on the site. Probably come back available when the promo is over. :p

Ordered two 970s on Saturday shortly after the deal went live. Still have not shipped as of today...

Back