Hot! Fry's B&M motherboard clearance again

I love having a Fry's near me :D I need to visit them soon.

New England sucks. Comp USA was probably the best we had, till they went under ( and we all know they sucked ). All we have now is Best Buy and Circuit City. Staples, Office Depot, and Office Max. Oh, and Radio Shack... lol.

I have yet to see a local Best Buy have ANY of the in-store clearance deals ever mentioned.

I just want ONE local store that I can drive to for decent hardware deals.

ComUSA is back at least in Texas... bought out my TigerDirect.... they have some pretty competitve prices now.

An embarassment of riches: Within 2-3 blocks of home I have a Fry's, Best Buy, Circuit City, Staples, Office Depot, 2 malls and a bunch of other big stores. :p There used to be a CompUSA in the same shopping center as Circuit City before they closed all CA stores.

Interesting that the XFX board has a $30 rebate. Maybe I should pick one up for $20AR.

still lookin for a $30 atx am2 or am2+ board with sli or crossfire. if your local store has one please pm me.

None of these are S939 are they? I have a friend badly in need of a new board (IDE controller shot, onboard sound dead.... sorry ECS piece of junk) and I'd pay someone to ship her one.

Unlikely, but figured I'd ask.

None of these are S939 are they? I have a friend badly in need of a new board (IDE controller shot, onboard sound dead.... sorry ECS piece of junk) and I'd pay someone to ship her one.

Unlikely, but figured I'd ask.
775 and AM2 only. Fry's hasn't had 939 motherboards in a while and the 754 remnants went on clearance about 5 months ago.

Has anyone hit the Austin Fry's to see if they have this going on? If so, I see a new system in my future :D

Has anyone hit the Austin Fry's to see if they have this going on? If so, I see a new system in my future :D
It is nationwide, but if you've waited this long, there might not be much to choose from (if there is even anything left on clearance).

MSI K9N SLI Platinum $19.90
I finally set up this board last night and it's getting the infamous "cmos checksum bad" error and it can't save any settings besides the date/time. :rolleyes: If MSI doesn't have a fix, I'll either RMA it or return it.

I finally set up this board last night and it's getting the infamous "cmos checksum bad" error and it can't save any settings besides the date/time. :rolleyes: If MSI doesn't have a fix, I'll either RMA it or return it.

just a quick suggestion, clear cmos and replace battery? if it doesnt fix id return it.

No go in Austin. They said I pretty much missed it. They had a display for $20 with bent pins, but all gone. They did mention a memorial day sale this weekend, so who knows, maybe they will pump out more. It's all good though. It was a side trip since we were mainly going to the Big Lots next door to look at a recliner for the preggo wife.

just a quick suggestion, clear cmos and replace battery? if it doesnt fix id return it.
Already have many times, and the 3V battery is good. I tested it. It's a problem many people with the same board have been suffering for almost 6 months. Unfortunately, the only 2 BIOSs that supports my F2 revision CPU both have this problem.

Already have many times, and the 3V battery is good. I tested it. It's a problem many people with the same board have been suffering for almost 6 months. Unfortunately, the only 2 BIOSs that supports my F2 revision CPU both have this problem.
Just to update this problem:

MSI replied to my support request and attached a new "1.B2" BIOS that fixed the problem. The current BIOS available for public download is only 1.B (a.k.a 1.11). I'm glad it works now because it's a pretty nice board.

Just to update this problem:

MSI replied to my support request and attached a new "1.B2" BIOS that fixed the problem. The current BIOS available for public download is only 1.B (a.k.a 1.11). I'm glad it works now because it's a pretty nice board.

Was there a change log with the 1.B2 BIOS? I just picked up the KN9 SLI yesterday for $14.99. They also had the 4400+ 65w Brisbane for $39.99. A pretty nice upgrade for my older Pentium D setup.

I got the KN9 sli with a 5200 for $65

Considering the CPU is like 100 bucks alone this was a super smoking deal.

Anybody have any luck in the Burbank store? I never seem to find anything on clearance there. Also, what is the best way to find out when clearances happen without knowing anyone at the store?

Was there a change log with the 1.B2 BIOS?
Nope, it came plain in a zip file from support. It's probably a beta since the next release should be 1.12 (1.C).

Also, what is the best way to find out when clearances happen without knowing anyone at the store?
I go to Fry's all the time since it's so close. This is my third thread in the last 3 or 4 months announcing what I found, so I guess you could check here. But don't wait 2 weeks. The best clearance stuff is sold out quickly.

Anybody have any luck in the Burbank store? I never seem to find anything on clearance there. Also, what is the best way to find out when clearances happen without knowing anyone at the store?

indonet. Find out whats on sale on H get the name/part number and ask one of the mormens too look in the back to see if they have any(becuase they never stock them).

Back