[Hot] FX-8150 $100 @ TigerDirect

That is pretty hot for the price. People can argue all they want about Zambezi, but at $100, hard to find a better bang for the buck.

Not a bad deal. Wonder how long that last.

Taken from slickdeals, they also have a refurb for $90. Is this a good deal or should I wait to upgrade? Also, are the microcenter bundle deals with motherboard a better buy?

^^ Depends on how bad you need a motherboard. You have to pay tax also at MC, and you get $40 off a board. Probably about the same. You can probably get away getting a used board cheaper in FS.

Well if you don't live near a MC, then the TD deal is a better deal.

Kinda good deal, but I think a 6350 for $130 on newegg right now might compete. Especially since TD charges tax making 100=~110.

Personally I'd go for the 6350 just cause Zambezi was such a bad core I couldn't stand owning one. But that's just me. 6350 will do a little better in single threaded.

Thanks for this, got an old athlonII X3 in an eligible 760G motherboard in the wife's computer. This will be a nice upgrade for pretty cheap.

BB

I upgraded from a 4 core Phenom 2 and ended up selling my 8120. I found no easy way to us all 8 cores, and games didn't improve that much.

Back