Hot ? GTX 465: $279.99 - $50 instant - 10% (EMCYWNV49) - $25 MIR = $181.99

/dev/null

[H]F Junkie
Link

Edit: 470 for $249.99 after MIR
Link

Use code EMCYWNV49 at checkout for either deal

Last edited:
How does this compare with the 460? That's a pretty freakin great price even if the 460 outperforms...

465 is tiny bit better than $240 460 1GB version, but output alot heat and draw alot power same as 470 or 480.

Damn, I may have to bite on this. Can't go wrong with $180 for a Fermi.

If it werent for that MIR it would be a great price. I dont ever count them because it seems like most people never get them. If this was $189 straight up it would be a good price.

Don't buy the 465. get a 460 and you will be much happier. Cooler, quieter...it is a totally improved card.

Slickdeals shows that you can get 3 free games with it as well: Metro 2033, Just Cause, and Mafia II

If it werent for that MIR it would be a great price. I dont ever count them because it seems like most people never get them. If this was $189 straight up it would be a good price.

The only rebate I never got was the smallest, $5 from linksys, they said they mailed it but I never got it, biggest I got was $75 from sears. Fastest I think was seagate I got that rebate in like 2 weeks it was crazy normally I get them in about 1 to 2 months after I mail them in. The rebates you register online seem to best at recieving them because you can track it, and they are more legit because why setup online stuff if you aren't going to fulfill the rebate. But yeah it still sucks you have to mail in to get money back.

Don't buy the 465. get a 460 and you will be much happier. Cooler, quieter...it is a totally improved card.

this. spend a little more and get a better product. this card NEEDS to be priced significantly lower then the 460GTX before its a "hot deal" in anything other then the literal meaning.

this. spend a little more and get a better product. this card NEEDS to be priced significantly lower then the 460GTX before its a "hot deal" in anything other then the literal meaning.

i dont get, yeah uses more juice and runs hotter but it does perform slightly better then a gtx 460... i guess if you are into the green thing and live without air conditioning then this card isnt for you.

i dont get, yeah uses more juice and runs hotter but it does perform slightly better then a gtx 460... i guess if you are into the green thing and live without air conditioning then this card isnt for you.

Or you like lots of OC head room, have to use a lot of AC to start with (remember it takes several times the amount of power in AC then to run the card itself), worry about the longevity of the card, extra. its only 30 bucks cheaper then a 460GTX with the same game. I just don't think its worth the negatives for that. and Once you OC it will be faster. hell the power bill difference is going to get you the 30 dollars back (sooner then later if you use AC) now if you live near the coast and have cheap ass hydro power and don't ever have to turn on the AC and are not interested in overclocking then go for it.

Not to mention that the SLI on the 460GTX is proven to be amazing...we are talking 90%. The 465 is meh. Don't do it.

Ask yourself how many 465GTX SLI reviews you have seen...*crickets chirping*
Then compare to how many 460 SLI reviews you have seen...now you get it.

here is a single card gaming comparison:
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/161?vs=180

IDC about power, but does it perform better and scale as well in SLI?

slightly better at stock but OCing changes that unless you get a good card. any of the GF based cards scale like champs though in sli.

Not to mention that the SLI on the 460GTX is proven to be amazing...we are talking 90%. The 465 is meh. Don't do it.

Ask yourself how many 465GTX SLI reviews you have seen...*crickets chirping*
Then compare to how many 460 SLI reviews you have seen...now you get it.

here is a single card gaming comparison:
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/161?vs=180

well crap if the 460 performs better screw the 465... only way id buy a 465 is if it was unlockable to a 470.. screw all of them i run a 480 anyways. :D

Told myself I'd never get this card, with the 460 being more efficient and all.... but can't pass it up for $182 with 3 games I don't have yet. Good find OP.

well crap if the 460 performs better screw the 465... only way id buy a 465 is if it was unlockable to a 470.. screw all of them i run a 480 anyways. :D
thx for a useless post!

465s have potential through bios unlocks and the lucky ones have the needed rams chips

So is this a version that can be unlocked to a GTX 470? Hot deal if it can be unlocked.

465 is sold out with the 3 games. It was in my cart and I was debating, but it's gone.

doesn't matter with $182, the cheapist 460 1GB is $40 more than 465, and perform same. + somebody mention free games? but its sold out anyway

I bit on the $250 GTX 470. I needed a new card after giving away my 4870 to my brother. Figured it was a good deal.

Damn! $182 makes the gtx465 a great deal. If these cards had quality problems or high rate of failure then you could call the card crap no matter the price. Otherwise as long as the asking price is good compared to performance it is a deal. I hope I explained that ok.

Back