HOT! M-Audio AV40 2.0 speakers/monitors $119.95 @ Amazon

JohnnyNapalm

[H]ard|Gawd
Hot deal right here if you're in the market for a good set of 2.0 speakers.

The cheapest I've seen these at recently is $139. Couple this with a free trial of Prime and these are a steal!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
you must have missed the lightning deal on these last night, they were $99

but yes, currently, this is a great price

Damn...Please post again when they're 99.00. I need these for my little home studio.

I ordered mine for ~$120 from Tiger Direct after BCB. Today is the 3rd business day since order and it's still in processing. :( Looking forward to hearing these with my Asus Xonar D1.

Great deal on great speakers! I bought mine last year for $149 and have never regretted it.

Almost every review I've read said that they image deep behind the speakers through the burn in period. My set definitely exhibits this. That being said, these are some of the best 2.0s I've ever heard.

I had the older studiophile 4's iirc. Made my klipsch promedias sound muddy, they did lack a bit of low end though. Are these any better?

I had the older studiophile 4's iirc. Made my klipsch promedias sound muddy, they did lack a bit of low end though. Are these any better?

From all I've read, you don't buy these for low end, you buy a separate sub for that.

I have their close relation the studiophile DX4, I noticed they got to sound better once they have been played for a while, the mid/woofer needs to be "loosened up" a bit from new, this is for clarity of sound rather than bass (but it helps a bit)
For real bass a seperate sub is essential.

Yeah, that's what I had too. I don't really spend much time in front of the pc anymore anyway. Good deal tho, I paid nearly $150 or $200 when they just came out, for the dx4's that is.

Please HELP!! I can't decide between 40AV's or BX5a Deluxe

I get the 40AV deal for $119 shipped or go to guitar center get BX5a Deluxe for $199

OH WHAT SHould i do ??/

Depends on what you are doing. If it's non-work-critical listening, probably the AV40s. If you need a more precise sound, BX5a. $199 is a good price for the BXs, too.

nothing critcial

the only thing that bugs me on the BX5 is the 70watt power draw from each speakers

each speaker has there own amp and i just don't need that loud of sound
plus the volume nob is on the back no head phone jack you could use the TSR connect though

I'd shoot for the AV40s and save some money, then. The power button is on the back of the AV40s, for what's it worth.

yea that doesn;'t bother me about the AV40s

the BX5 has like a power switch on each speaker
and the nob on the back

i think i will get the AV40s

thanks for your help

I think my M-Audio's were like that. In what world does volume knob on the back make sense? Are we that aesthetically snobby?

i just got my M-AUDIO 40 AV's tonight Damn this lil speakers sound damn good !

however i do have them on Aurelex Mopads sitting higher up and angled up to my ears

iam also using audioquest 14 guage insulated speaker wire i had some extra wire from my home theater.

damn iam impressed

also i hear no humm

only like a slight hum if you shove your ear in the woofer in the left side but its like almost no exsistence like i do not notice it at all and i think people complaining about it have it way over blown. these things produce every detail in music its amazing for a small 4" woofer the tweeters sound nice too. They have just enough bass without the boomy bass
i don't use the basse boost i think its too bassy

are you 100% sure you need a sub or want? What i mean is try these out by themselves
they pack some bass for 4" woofer. if you need lower notes get a sub

Back