AMD Phenom II x4 940 $149.99!!!
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0304212

Core i7 920 $199.99
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0302727

Core 2 Quad Q9550 $169.99
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0299412

Acer 23" Widescreen LCD $159.99
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0310494
This is 1920x1080 res, DVI with HDCP support.

Hitachi OEM 1TB Hard Drive $79.99
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0307158

Most deals are in-store only. Hopefully either you have a Micro Center close by, or know some one that does!!!

Last edited:
q9550 is actually 169.99 but im getting one :D, there are 38 in stock at my MC

q9550 is actually 169.99 but im getting one :D, there are 38 in stock at my MC

if you're going to get one, do it immediately. the online stock indicator sometimes lags behind the instore stock, and they can vanish pretty much instantly. we've got a long thread hovering somewhere around here dealing with just trying to get the Q9550's.

if you're going to get one, do it immediately. the online stock indicator sometimes lags behind the instore stock, and they can vanish pretty much instantly. we've got a long thread hovering somewhere around here dealing with just trying to get the Q9550's.

Which is why i am selling my q6600. And i just went yesterday and they were oss but i talked to the workers there and they said they will still get more as they did today.

Which is why i am selling my q6600. And i just went yesterday and they were oss but i talked to the workers there and they said they will still get more as they did today.

Yeah, I just got out of an endless loop trying to do exactly that last week. The online store indicator doesn't kick into things being in stock for a couple hours after they get it, so they can sell out of it before the online stock refreshes. :(

This doesn't link you to anything in particular.

hmm works for me.

i guess try setting rockville md as your store and then click the link again.

if that doesnt work

select rockville md store. click the clearance tab - closeouts - build your own pc - and then select lian li on the left column.

I'm eyeballing that i7 920. Now I just gotta find someone who lives near a MicroCenter. Ha.

PLEASE NOTE: All products subject to manufacturers' availability. Not all products are available online; for a complete selection, visit your local Micro Center store. Web prices reflect percentage off pricing and instant savings where applicable.

** Micro Center's "Web Pricing, Get It Now!" program applies to all in-stock Intel® and AMD® processors. Twice per week, on Monday and Thursday evenings, we verify CPU pricing from newegg.com and tigerdirect.com, and verify our price is set to the lowest non-rebated price including shipping. This price is effective when the store opens the next day and remains firm until the next price change is effective on a Tuesday or Friday morning. Comparisons will be for like product only; boxed product to boxed product and OEM (also known as tray product) to OEM product. Limited time offer. Micro Center reserves the right to limit quantities. Matched prices are exclusive of sales tax. Prior sales excluded.

Prices good through 07/26/09

When I picked up my i7 920 at microcenter on the 9th of this month, I was told I only have 7 days to return it if it's faulty. :S it's the 15th and I've yet to get a chance to test it and MC closes soon.

As I've said in the other thread - call the store you are going to go to before heading over. What is posted online can vary from what is showing up on their in-store inventory.

As I've said in the other thread - call the store you are going to go to before heading over. What is posted online can vary from what is showing up on their in-store inventory.

Oh, I forgot to post that - when I dropped by the store in person and picked up my Q9550, I had called about an hour previous and they said that they were sold out as of that morning, and I should check back the next day.

I said screw it and just came in, and there were a bunch of Q9550's on the shelf.

I don't know why Micro Center is so bad at allocating product--my home store, Fairfax, has like a hundred of them (Q9550) and they're moving slowly, and yet it's sold out in California. Unless the online stock readings are wrong...

Does anyone know what days the MC in Santa Clara/Silicon Valley gets shipments? And what time of day they would then make it to the shelves to grab one?

I don't know why Micro Center is so bad at allocating product--my home store, Fairfax, has like a hundred of them (Q9550) and they're moving slowly, and yet it's sold out in California. Unless the online stock readings are wrong...

I'm wondering the same thing...my store is in Cali and they are out of the Q9550, Q9400, and E8400...maybe they aren't ordering any more of the Q9400 and E8400 but I'm looking for a quad core and for the last 1-2 weeks they only have the Q8200 which is nothing like the Q9xx0s...looking at other stores for Q9550 many have 60-100 of them...what's wrong with Cali?

Does anyone know what days the MC in Santa Clara/Silicon Valley gets shipments? And what time of day they would then make it to the shelves to grab one?

that's my store and I've been told they get their shipments Mon and Thursday. Personally, though, on this hot item, I'd drop by on Monday or Thursday ask them to check inventory for you. From my own experiences there, they sell out before they can even update their online stock info. Or do like I did and drop by, put down full deposit and they'll call you when your toy arrives (that's how I got mine).

Last edited:
that's my store and I've been told they get their shipments Mon and Thursday. Personally, though, on this hot item, I'd drop by on Monday or Thursday ask them to check inventory for you. From my own experiences there, they sell before they can even update their online stock info. Or do like I did and drop by, put down full deposit and they'll call you when you toy arrives (that's how I got mine).

Great info...I saw your post but didn't know it was the Santa Clara store...it takes me around 1 hour round trip so I'll just put a deposit down...so you had to talk to a manager to put down the deposit or is this an option they all know about? And do the shipments usually come first thing in the morning or should I stop in around lunch time?

Last edited:
Great info...I saw your post but didn't know it was the Santa Clara store...it takes me around 1 hour round trip so I'll just put a deposit down...so you had to talk to a manager to put down the deposit or is this an option they all know about? And do the shipments usually come first thing in the morning or should I stop in around lunch time?

I was told to speak to the person at the online order pickup to try to get a raincheck who, in turn, spoke to the manager, who happened to be standing there. He said no rainchecks, but I could put down a full deposit and they'd call me when it came in. He had to explain to the girl at the counter how to ring it up.

As far as when the shipments come in, I'd say in the morning, but I'd wait till lunch or after to drop by. My call came at around 2pm.

Good luck fellow Bay Arean:D

Anyone wanna buy a Q6700 for $130ish?

I want the damn Q9550! Santa Clara is the closest store to me, as well, but I am too broke to head out w/o selling some junk first. That's how I got my BadAxe2 though - just jumped in the truck when I saw a deal [H]ere.

Last edited:
I was told to speak to the person at the online order pickup to try to get a raincheck who, in turn, spoke to the manager, who happened to be standing there. He said no rainchecks, but I could put down a full deposit and they'd call me when it came in. He had to explain to the girl at the counter how to ring it up.

As far as when the shipments come in, I'd say in the morning, but I'd wait till lunch or after to drop by. My call came at around 2pm.

Good luck fellow Bay Arean:D

Thanks again...I'll be there today to check things out...

Seems like a good deal on q9550 but with tax it's like $185:mad: which kills the deal big time, because it's $220 on amazon with no tax, so only a $35 discount really.

Seems like a good deal on q9550 but with tax it's like $185:mad: which kills the deal big time, because it's $220 on amazon with no tax, so only a $35 discount really.

"Only" $35? It's the lowest price anywhere by about 16% and the deal is "killed"? Please.

$35 is $35 AND I was able to drive 15 minutes and have it in my hand immediately rather than waiting for Amazon to ship...

Plust Gas to Santa Clara, add another $15, lol.
Or the power usage you used to critque this deal:p
In short Tax sucks, and it does kill many deals, but in this case your still less than the cheapest with no tax by a good margin. You can also verify stepping prior to checking out.

damn i'm tempted to get one of those Phenom II X4 940s, does anyone know if they run on the AMD 760G chipet?

Well I can always update my bios if it doesn't work, so I think I'm gonna buy one and see what happens. I really need to get rid of this 4850e I have, it's slower than molasses in January.

Seriously contemplating on getting one of these, but what is the best stepping for a Q9550....E0 is the best, right?

Heading to chicago MC tomorrow to scope out a 920 d0 good batch - wish me luck ;)

Back