[HOT] Onkyo TX-SR508 + Klipsch HD 500 for 449.99 Free Ship

OK... that's pretty hot. Neither are top of the line... but for <$500 shipped with CA tax that is pretty good. $870+ on Amazon. Sure beats the average PC speakers.

Damn thats an incredible deal. I have the previous model of the Onkyo (507) and it is a great receiver.

Apply both codes at once, not one at a time.
It's designed so you enter them in the format "code1, code2, code3" etc, up to a max of 5. Look right under the box.

I have the Klipsch HD-200 (or is it 300) in my living room. The room is 17' by 17' and with a Yamaha 7.1 receiver those tiny things fill up the room. The receiver is more top of the line than speakers :)

But these speakers are decent and will work fine for 99% of the population out there.

I'm not a fan of an Onkyo receiver but the deal is worth it because HD-500s sell for about $600 retail.

Nice deal. Neither are brands that I like but the price is great. I will be linking this to some people that I know.

I can't get the freegift code to stick afer adding both of them to my cart. the receiver comes up as $100 off, but says that the freegift code is invalid, when both are entered simultaneously.

I wonder how this set compares to my Onkyo HT-S790? The rear channels of that set aren't great, but the front channels of the HD500 look pretty meager...

edit: doesn't really matter, the coupons aren't working anyway

Last edited:
Seems dead, too bad - was looking for a nice setup... Could add another couple satellites and have 7.1

HammerSandwich said:
Your room should have a big boost at & below 32Hz, which is probably a great match for a smaller sub.

Thanks. I actually got the receiver before the speakers because I knew I wanted a Yamaha 7.1 for a long time. The Klipsch HD-300s were on sale for $229 later that night so I splurged. I don't regret the purchase one bit.

I was tempted to put this deal on my Newegg Preferred account and sell off the Onkyo but the deal is deal now apparently.

Not to piss on Onkyo receivers, but I have connections with Yamaha so I'm biased.

Back