Hot ? Opteron 150 retail box 939 $125

holy crap if anyone missed out on the monarch sale that lasted like half a day... buy from mwave. look at those opty prices!

They also have the following:

Opteron 165 for $157
Opteron 170 for $189
Opteron 175 for $225
Opteron 180 for $267

This was how Monarch had the prices earlier. I was going to get me an opteron from monarch but my internet went down and when it came back up, they upped the prices.

Slartibartfast said:
I'm annoyed at the lack of 2xx price drops :mad:

Actually, monarch has the 270 OEM for $270. Which is the same price as the 265 and way below the $400 elsewhere. I don't know if its a mistake, or if its a sign of things to come for the other 2xx. I'm also looking to upgrade my server, and since I only want to make one more upgrade, I would prefer the 275 or even 280 if the drops are big enough.

GlimmerMan said:
Actually, monarch has the 270 OEM for $270. Which is the same price as the 265 and way below the $400 elsewhere. I don't know if its a mistake, or if its a sign of things to come for the other 2xx. I'm also looking to upgrade my server, and since I only want to make one more upgrade, I would prefer the 275 or even 280 if the drops are big enough.

Ah, you're right. Interestingly, the OEM 270 is over a hundred dollars less than the retail, but the OEM 275 is $10 more than the retail. How does that work? :confused:

Either way, great price on the 270. I would prefer 275's as I'm coming from 248's, but 270's would be acceptable (that 200 mhz is not going to make a huge difference).

Wow, that is indeed a hot deal.

I've never ordered from mwave, are they good?

Doc

Docmhz said:
Wow, that is indeed a hot deal.

I've never ordered from mwave, are they good?

Doc

Yes. They're good. I bought a full rig from them back in 2000, took 6 years off, and then bought the x2 processor in my sig from them a couple months ago. Great experience both times.

Snagged a 175 from Mwave. They were out of the 170s and the 175 was only $15 more than a 170 at Monarch. I hope these still oc like they used to.

do the opteron 175 actually oc higher than the 165? 165s do 3ghz but if you have a 175 with the same stepping will it actually add on another 400MHz? :D Anyone know what steppings these are?

BTW this is a very hot deal!

lmao, i thought i was the only one bichin about the 2xx's not droppin. im kinda peeved at not gettin these drops BEFORE i purchased 2= x2 3800. o well, both of my chips clock to 2.5 with ease, so i guess im not gonna complain.

ordered a 170 yesterday got it in today :D stepping is............................. ccbwe 0541 we'll see how it does

Haha man I remember when I was planning the rig in my sig and was including in my planning an opty 150. It was like 335 for the retail back then.

How the mighty have fallen :(

Glow said:
Is this a 939 and better than a 4000?

It's a s939 and will overclock way better than a 4000, but it is single core. If you want an extremely powerful single core, this is the way to go.

One of these would go great in a gaming system, as many games don't like dual cores.

I order a opteron 175 yesterday and got an email this afternoon t hat it was backordered, then another email an hour later saying it was shipped.

My 150 went from ordered to shipped in about 2 hours. That was fast. I'll definitely be doing business with MWAVE again. Can't wait to get this thing in hand.

Doc

Wow, talk about a sale. I am glad I got my 175 for $235 (shipped 2-day) , it is now $460.

not so hot IMO, it isn't worth any more than that when a E6300 costs little more and will wipe the floor with it

ClearH2O said:
Wow, talk about a sale. I am glad I got my 175 for $235 (shipped 2-day) , it is now $460.

Sigh, this thread is such a tease :(

nobody_here said:
not so hot IMO, it isn't worth any more than that when a E6300 costs little more and will wipe the floor with it

Its worth it because there are lots of people with 939 boards and DDR ram already. So Opterons are a good upgrade.

JohnleMVP said:
Its worth it because there are lots of people with 939 boards and DDR ram already. So Opterons are a good upgrade.
Yep thats right, why would you have to start building from scratch when you can just upgrade the CPU at a low price.

/agreed with above poster... why move to a whole new chipset when i can drop an opty in that will oc was more stable than my 3500+ and have more cache without having to even pull the mobo out of the case

HOT DEAL! GET IT BEFORE IT GOES.

Mwave just had a similar sale a few days ago.

I'm ordering myself a 165 from Newegg at the moment...

edit: Ordered an Opteron 165! THANKS! :D

edit#2: wait... I got mine from Newegg... nevermind!

Back