Hot or not? Dell 2001FP drops to $599!!

Wow, that is a great deal. If I did not just buy my L2335 23" and my 42" Plasma HDTV, I would be all over this like white on rice....

darktiger said:
I would be all over this like white on rice....

Somebody's been watching the "new improved" Dan Rather.

He made more quips last night than I can count... count... Count Basie
:D

Back on topic.. that is a sweet deal... but it would have to be, with a 20" Widescreen that cool for $800

tbase said:
Back on topic.. that is a sweet deal... but it would have to be, with a 20" Widescreen that cool for $800

That monitor isn't that great, they took away 150 pixels on the height, and only added 80 to the width....the 24" samsungs and Sony's are WAY better, even though they cost twice as much.

Whats the response time of the 2001FP? (EDIT, lol i posted the same Q a few seconds after you)

The response is 16ms. I'd get one if I had the cash right now, I'm a couple hundred short. I've been saving for a VP201B too =\

drdamour said:
That monitor isn't that great, they took away 150 pixels on the height, and only added 80 to the width....the 24" samsungs and Sony's are WAY better, even though they cost twice as much.

hence why this new monitor is so awsome.

Diagonal Size: 20.1"
Viewable Size: 20.1"
Display Type: Flat panel display/TFT active matrix - desktop
Depth: 9.67"
Height: With stand: 25" (fully extended in portrait mode), 18" (compressed/locked in landscape mode)
Weight: 18.72 lbs (with stand and head)
Width: 17.6"
Image Max H-View Angle: ± 88° (typical)
Image Max V-View Angle: ± 88° (typical)
Analog Video Format: Analog RGB
Analog Video Signal: 0.7 Volts ± 5%, 75 ohm input impedance
Cable(s) included: 1 x 15-pin D-Sub and 1 x 24-pin DVI-D cable
Color Support: Yes
Compliant Standards: ENERGY STAR®
Connectivity Technology: Cable
Digital Video Format: DVI-D TMDS
Dot Pitch: 0.255 mm pixel pitch
Enclosure Color: Midnight Gray
Factory Preset Resolution Modes: 720x400 @ 70.1 Hz, 640x480 @ 59.9 Hz, 640x480 @ 75 Hz, 800x600 @ 60.3 Hz, 800x600 @ 75 Hz, 1024x768 @ 60 Hz, 1024x768 @ 75 Hz, 1152x864 @ 75 Hz, 1280x1024 @ 60 Hz, 1280x1024 @ 75 Hz, 1600x1200 @ 60 Hz
Front Panel Controls: Input Select, OSD Menu and Select, Minus (-) and Plus (+), Brightness / Contrast, Auto Adjust, Power Button and Indicator
Image Brightness: 250 cd/m2 (typical)
Image Contrast Ratio: 400:1
Lamp Type: CCFL (6) edgelight system
Max Operating Temperature: 95°F
Max Resolution: Up to 1600x1200 Pixels
Max Sync Rate (V x H): 76 Hz x 80 kHz
Min Operating Temperature: 41°F
Port(s) Total ( Free ) / Connector Type: 1 x 15-pin D-sub, 1 x 24-pin Digital DVI-D, 1 x S-Video, 1 x Composite Video, 5 x USB (1 Upstream and 4 Downstream)
Power Consumption Operational: 90 W (max. with USB and Soundbar)
Power Consumption Operational ( Standby : Less than 3 W Avg. (Active-off mode)
Video Input: Analog RGB, Digital DVI-D TMDS, S-Video, Composite Video
Voltage Required: 90 to 264 VAC
Humidity Range Operating: 10% to 80% (non-condensing)
OSD Languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese
Compatibility: PC

Looks cool, but I wish the new widescreen had component inputs and supported HD resolutions.

BlackPearl said:
Definitely [H]ot. I love the 2001FP I got a few weeks ago ( I pd. $674 :( ).
If it is less than 30 days, try for a price match.

xxiv

If it's $599 now just wait till they have one of those 15-20% off accessories!!!

That's how I got my current NEC 17" LCD for $450 a year and a half ago

Man...I really do love the Dell LCDs. I got my 19" LCD from them about a year ago for $150..:) And let me tell you....its great. However, I am looking for a second one for dualies...for photoshop purposes...and lightwave too...

Interesting it says the "ship date" is 1-2 weeks. Wonder if they are getting some more recent models.

Why does it say its available today yet its no where on there web site other than the image bank, am i missing something?

Im pretty sure I already the answer to this be here it goes anyway. 16ms is fine for games right? There will be no ghosting like on the 25ms panels.

Can't wait for a special discount to get slapped on top of that new price... Maybe after the holidays, hmm. $599 is still more than I'd pay for a second monitor when I have a perfectly fine 19" CRT. :eek:

The Dell 2001FP is a heck of an LCD tho, everyone's given it the best ratings out there even when compared to some smaller sized LCDs (19"s seem overpriced by comparison, and their native res isn't any higher than the 17" models usually).

Cheapest shipping is $33 to me in Boston.

Still ridiculously hot. I might get another ... I only got this one last week! Why are these so nice. 16x12 is amazing for anyone moving from a 19" CRT. I have played a bunch of FPS and haven't noticed the ghosting people speak of. But I'm not so picky. DVDs look amazing.

Check shipping costs though, YMMV.

Mike

i'm disappointed it doesn't have component input =(. i know it's not LCD-TV but @that price i think there's no reason not to include it.

EDIT!!!!
I'm on the phone with Dell now, I purchased the monitor for $674 about a month ago, they're crediting me $75!! Thanks for the suggestion unit24!
--------------------
FYI: Dell charges tax on shipping!!!

You can specify your own shipper, use FedEx Ground. If you sign up for a FedEx account, FedEx will give you 10% off:
https://www.fedex.com/signup/OADRSplash.jsp

You can choose to sign-up w/ or w/o a discount .. WTF?

JediFonger said:
i'm disappointed it doesn't have component input =(. i know it's not LCD-TV but @that price i think there's no reason not to include it.

How can you be disappointed? All other LCDTVs are over $1K and are only 1280x768. The only other monitor that competes with Dell's new wide screen is Apple's 20" wide screen. For $500 more...

$800 is damn cheap for that new monitor. I'm going to grab one with the first discount I see on it.

How is this monitor when it comes to Ghosting, I have a Nokia 445 Pro 21" CRT thats going south. Also are there any coupons for this deal to make it cheaper?

Blauman said:
Im pretty sure I already the answer to this be here it goes anyway. 16ms is fine for games right? There will be no ghosting like on the 25ms panels.

It should be fine, yes. I have a 17" Hitachi whateverthehellthemodelis that has a 16ms response time and I've played all sorts of games on it w/o issue.

God knows I'd love to have a 20" LCD to replace this 21" CRT... same screen size and a whole HELL of a lot smaller... but have spent wayyy too much money on other things lately. *sigh* OTOH things will only get cheaper as time goes by... so it's not that big of a loss. (Not to mention this 21" CRT was *free*)

Regards,
fastgeek

2005FPW sounds interesting but probably a waste of money, IMO. 20 inch widescreen? That would mean the screen will be signifigantly "shorter" than the 2001FP. I guess it just boils down to what you need a monitor for.

BTW awesome deal on the 2001FP. I got mine for 450 but that was back when the price was close to 700 so maybe I can get some credit. :D

What's with all these 16:10 aspect ratio widescreen LCD's? Isn't widescreen supposed to be 16:9??

The extra 1/9th height is to allow for video editing toolbars. Basically, a widescreen monitor is designed (among other things) for working on 16x9 video, not so much for playing it.

you do know that all of the DELL lcd's are just rebagged other LCDs that will come out, tho in a different country.

That 16ms response time is the BEST time, not the average. Specs dont mean it all...

this is awesome! Im glad I waited till the holiday season to get one of these. not because of the HOT price. but their new widescreen! I cant wait!

Raines8416 said:
this is awesome! Im glad I waited till the holiday season to get one of these. not because of the HOT price. but their new widescreen! I cant wait!

If you're looking for a widescreen LCD I recommend getting at least 23" or so. A 20" widescreen is going to end up looking really small... just a squashed 2001FP.

wilkinru said:
you do know that all of the DELL lcd's are just rebagged other LCDs that will come out, tho in a different country.

That 16ms response time is the BEST time, not the average. Specs dont mean it all...

Yeah, it's a rebadged LG in the case of the 2001FP, 'least it uses the LG's screen and controls, the bezzel is a tad slimmer and it has a nicer base imo though. I don't think the LG comes with the USB hub the 2001FP has either, and the LG is generally not as cheap as Dell's price for the 2001FP anyway.

If I can get a coupon to make this thing $500 or less I will prob sell my 21" CRT and get one. Otherwise I couldnt stomach to spend that much when my CRT is still workin out.

Back