HOT! Pacific Digital (LiteOn) DVD+-R/RW - 79.99 out the door

sp00

Limp Gawd
Saw this at FW and Anandtech.

Just picked this up at OM (Seattle) without using any rebates! They're subbing it for the Magic Spin 8x they had for 79.99 AR. They're also subbing a HP 25 pack of DVDr + for 9.99 since they don't have the KHypermedia ones in stock. For 97.90 after tax I got a 8X LiteOn 851S and a 25 pack of HP DVD+R, Great deal!

To make sure you get the LiteOn, get a box with a serial number starting with a 4. The serials starting with P is a BTC DVD R/RW.

BTW, as of 3:30 the Ballard store in seattle had 19 drives left and like 15 packs of DVD+R.

Thanks for the info..I'll try to get one too...will check it out in Houston.

Originally posted by SJetski71
repost , but thx fer the heads up anyway :)
no, this is cheaper and only available at OM, not Staples... You could however price match to staples and then get the OM price, Staples rebates and the 110% PM from Staples.

Originally posted by bobn4burton
Is this in-store only? Or can you get it from officemax.com too?
Only available in store as far as I know.

They have the Khypermedia 25pk 4X DVD+R for $9.99AR

$45.99 - $25 instant - $10 MIR = $9.99

I wonder who makes them (?)

I'll have to test a pack

The HP pack I got also came with a $10 MIR, so they end up being free. Pretty sweet deal, and even at $9.99 for a 25 pack, it's not a bad deal either.

i got 20 dvd+r khypermedia free on bf...they seem rather good actually...ive only used a couple but so far not a single problem, works in a couple dif dvd players ive tried and computer dvd drives

I also got a PD 851S at OM. I should have asked for the HP 25 pack DVD+R substitute for the OOS Khypermedia.

Originally posted by pxc
I also got a PD 851S at OM. I should have asked for the HP 25 pack DVD+R substitute for the OOS Khypermedia.
I just came back from my local officemax and they offered no substitutions for the khypermedia :(

Oh well, i'll just wait for the next deal to roll around or buy Ritek's 50 pks online...

MY Office Max never substitutes anyhting and they have admitted to me that on some of the sales they might only have 2-3 of an item. It's normally not worth it to go to the sales or to get the "free stuff" because they often run out within seconds of the store openning. I wish I didn't live near the cities.

well, at least you live near the big cities. only thing around me is Staples. have to drive 30 miles to get to office max and Circuit City. Nearest BestBuy is 350 miles. (wouldn't go normally, but only for hot deals)

Originally posted by SJetski71
They have the Khypermedia 25pk 4X DVD+R for $9.99AR

$45.99 - $25 instant - $10 MIR = $9.99

I wonder who makes them (?)

I'll have to test a pack

Kyhpermedia DVD+R = HP DVD+R :rolleyes:

OM Kyhpermedia +R disks:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:CMC MAG-R01-00]
Disc Type : [DVD+R]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG]
Media Type ID : [R01]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Disc Application Code : [General Purpose]
Recording Speeds : [2.4x]
Blank Disc Capacity : [Not Supported By Method 2]
[DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com]

OM HP +R disks

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:CMC MAG-R01-00]
Disc Type : [DVD+R]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG]
Media Type ID : [R01]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Disc Application Code : [General Purpose]
Recording Speeds : [2.4x]
Blank Disc Capacity : [Not Supported By Method 2]
[DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com]

Does anyone know if this deal is still going on? I actually have an Officemax in my town... would like to know exactly what I'm up to when I try to get in on this. I'm taking a look at the store "flyers" on line (waiting for them to download)... but thought I'd ask for more details here too.

Thanks... hoping to cash in. :D

Regards,
fastgeek

Originally posted by fastgeek
Does anyone know if this deal is still going on? I actually have an Officemax in my town... would like to know exactly what I'm up to when I try to get in on this. I'm taking a look at the store "flyers" on line (waiting for them to download)... but thought I'd ask for more details here too.

Thanks... hoping to cash in. :D

Regards,
fastgeek

I just called and asked if they had any of the MagicSpins left in stock. The CSR said no, but they were offering a Pacific Digital at the same price. If they don't offer the sub, say you heard there was a sub being offered and see what they say. I did the same thing to get the DVD+R's

Originally posted by sp00
I just called and asked if they had any of the MagicSpins left in stock. The CSR said no, but they were offering a Pacific Digital at the same price. If they don't offer the sub, say you heard there was a sub being offered and see what they say. I did the same thing to get the DVD+R's

Hmmmmm.... but if they do have the Magic Spins in stock then I'd be stuck with it, right? Or could one simply say "I'd like to substitue that unit for this unit; since this seems to be acceptable at other stores". This could be the down side to being in a smaller area... not a whole lot of demand, etc.

*edit*

Heh, out of stock on both; guess all the people from Sacramento/Folsom invaded out store. :p But they said they'd order either one for me @ the same price and it should be in by the end of the week... so what the heck... I'll have a go at it. :)

Oh, what is the exact Pacific Digital model number I should be requesting? Want to make sure they order the right thing. Don't think I can say "Yeah, make sure you get me the rebadged Lite-On... don't want any of the other crap!"

Thanks again.
*/edit*

Thanks,
fastgeek

Originally posted by fastgeek

Oh, what is the exact Pacific Digital model number I should be requesting? Want to make sure they order the right thing. Don't think I can say "Yeah, make sure you get me the rebadged Lite-On... don't want any of the other crap!"
You want a model starting with a 4. If it starts with a P, it's a re-badged BTC drive.

doh, looks like i got a BTC dvd burner. You think i should go exchange it? Worth the effort in getting a Lite-On?

Originally posted by cobravap
doh, looks like i got a BTC dvd burner. You think i should go exchange it? Worth the effort in getting a Lite-On?

Hell yeah! Lite-On >>>>>> BTC.
Go
here to see all the problems people are having with BTC drives.

Great... so it's a 50/50 chance if I have them order me a Pacific Digital @ this price. Just dandy. Why can't they (PD) chose one vendor and stick with it, eh? ;) Guess if worse comes to worse I can always take it back.

You need to look at the "print" flyers. The deal is good until 1-17 IIRC.

Regards,
fastgeek

Not really. There IS a mod out now, to upgrade the 411S to the 811S, which is the same drive as the 851S, specs-wise anyway.

Originally posted by TechHead
Not really. There IS a mod out now, to upgrade the 411S to the 811S, which is the same drive as the 851S, specs-wise anyway.

the 851s contains the upgraded chip. I had so many problems with my 411s even with the upgraded firmware. A friend of mine has a 411s and he has the same problems reading dvd-movies as well.

I picked this deal up and the 851s works fantastic

I've tried 3 stores here and if they have any it all, they only have the ones with the P serial number.. I have one more store to try, but if that's all they have is it still worth the $$$?

So is the BTC drive still a good deal at $80?

I read this morning that the 851S can't burn RICOHJPNR01 4x DVD+R media at 8X like the 811S and 411S->811S modded drives can.

If that's true, a firmware upgrade may fix it.

Thanks for the tip - on the 4th Office Max I went to I found one of the 851S's!

Thanks for the heads up!!

Picked up the LDW-851S for $69.99 out the door!!!! I had a $10 off $30 purchase card thats been laying around :D

Cheapest on pricewatch was about $150.

Such a great deal....now only to wait for some decent media (Taiyoyuden) to go on sale or show up on ebay...hehe.

Grabbed another one tonight, got a 811S this time. It's unbelieveable that these substitutes lasted so long.

8x DVD+R, 4x all other DVD+/- modes.

40x24x40 CD-R

either 12x or 16x DVD read, but its got screaming fast access times compared to my old DVD-rom.

Nice drive so far....now just gotta find decent media that supports 8x.

Just picked mine up
DSC00140.JPG

Just got back from staples...

Priced match it to Officemax PLUS 110% which had me at 75.00...then on top of that.... mail in rebate printed out for 25.00..... TOTAL COST 50.00 plus tax!

WHAT A STEAL

BTW it is the lite-on.... beige at that... need to get some krylon...but hey....50.00!

These things are obviously still out there. I just snagged one in a Charlotte, NC area OfficeMax. It's the Lite-On 851S, too. For $86 out the door, I'm happy.

Sale's over tomorrow, fellas. Git 'em while the gittin's good! :D

Back