HOT! Razer Barracuda AC-1 $49.99, $5 s/h

FYI, I got the Razer HP-1's off Woot the first time they went up. The earpiece screw came off and the screw wouldn't stay in. I contacted Razer support, they asked for pictures, so I sent them some pictures of my head phones and they set me up an RMA. I think they asked for my invoice (I can't totally remember), but I didn't have any problems with the RMA.

It might only be an issue in Vista 64-bit, if you are running the 32bit version, I'm not sure but many people have this same issue. Or according to this http://www.overclock.net/sound-cards-computer-audio/317672-barracuda-ac-1-vista-x64-solved-2.html the 2.22b drivers do not have the issue I guess. I started with the 2.22c so maybe thats is.

The issue your describing is with the Beta drivers. Last month, I think it was the first week of May. Razer released new "non-beta", signed drivers. So there is no longer an issue with pressing "F8" before booting Vista. I don't remember the new version number, but I'm at work and have no access to the razerzone.com to check.

The issue your describing is with the Beta drivers. Last month, I think it was the first week of May. Razer released new "non-beta", signed drivers. So there is no longer an issue with pressing "F8" before booting Vista. I don't remember the new version number, but I'm at work and have no access to the razerzone.com to check.

In the thread a few people myself included still had the issue with the 2.23 drivers, the non-beta drivers you mention... I am not sure exactly why some have the issue and others do not, but after I installed the 2.23 driver they still did not load, but once I uninstalled the 5 updates I was referring to before.... the driver loaded correctly.

Back