Hot - Sapphire 6970 2gb $300 AMIR

Good deal except for the brand and the cooler. When I get a 6970 to upgrade my wife's 6870 I want a non turbine cooler and non-crap brand.

That is a pretty good deal. And Sapphire isn't a crap brand, they came out with the 6950 Toxic which was the most sought-after card of that type.

That is a pretty good deal. And Sapphire isn't a crap brand, they came out with the 6950 Toxic which was the most sought-after card of that type.

Sapphire is a crap brand...

for AMD, HIS, Sapphire, VIsionTek, Diamond... These are the one that people tries to avoid the most due to horrible design and customer services..

Sapphire's Toxic is their only exception for their product..

for AMD, HIS, Sapphire, VIsionTek, Diamond... These are the one that people tries to avoid the most due to horrible design and customer services..

tbh with you I usually try to avoid Sapphire but this was different. This particular card had the best reviews and I like that it uses a "reference-esque" cooler with a larger fan. I don't want the head being thrown around in my case like my current 6870 twin frozr does.

Sapphire supposedly has some of the best failure rates/percentag of all AMD partners. All the XFX cards were more expensive and shitty reviews.

Eh? So which are the good AMD brands?

Eh? So which are the good AMD brands?

Gigabyte, MSI, XFX (some of them anyway). I will never buy another HIS, Sapphire, Visiontek, Diamond, or Powercolor video card if I live to be 100. Hell I hate ASUS with a passion but I'll buy them over ANY of the ones I just listed.

Bullshit, Sapphire's customer service blows MSI and asus out of the water. Just send them an email and see how fast you get a response, it will probably be within the hour.

Then try that with MSI, you're lucky if they even read the e-mail.

Sapphire is my preferred brand for ATI cards.

Don't they design AMD's reference cards?

Yeah. I like Sapphire. Never had an issue. I've also had VisionTek and rma'd a 9800pro way back when. It was a relatively painless experience

EDIT: I've found Asus to be excellent in the past.

asus support has been amazing for me, both for motherboards and gpus. never had to RMA with them. sapphire i have RMAd with twice, and both times it was painless and quick.

I've had good experience with ASUS and XFX video cards so I try to buy those but this seems like a good deal unless you hate the cooler I'd go with it.

I would say this is pretty hot; seeing as I bought a toxic 6950 for more than this lol.
Actually, I bought two toxics. Now, I don't know what to do, I was gonna use one for my friend's build, but since this is cheaper, I might as well jump on this (his toxic can't be unlocked). But then i'll be stuck with an extra 6950, not sure if I could even sell for the same price, since it can't be unlocked either. I have one unlocked and one locked...should I just keep it and crossfire in my new rig? =/
also, for california customers, amazon has it for $330 with $30 MiR. Also, you save on tax.
http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DL-D...VNIY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318061856&sr=8-1

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I would say this is pretty hot; seeing as I bought a toxic 6950 for more than this lol.
Actually, I bought two toxics. Now, I don't know what to do, I was gonna use one for my friend's build, but since this is cheaper, I might as well jump on this (his toxic can't be unlocked). But then i'll be stuck with an extra 6950, not sure if I could even sell for the same price, since it can't be unlocked either. I have one unlocked and one locked...should I just keep it and crossfire in my new rig? =/
also, for california customers, amazon has it for $330 with $30 MiR. Also, you save on tax.
http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DL-D...&tag=backgroundcolor-20&qid=1318061856&sr=8-1

thanks, friend needed to find a good deal in his location, thanks for looking out for some locals to save a few bucks! :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Bullshit, Sapphire's customer service blows MSI and asus out of the water. Just send them an email and see how fast you get a response, it will probably be within the hour.

Then try that with MSI, you're lucky if they even read the e-mail.

Sapphire is my preferred brand for ATI cards.

Don't they design AMD's reference cards?

I emailed Sapphire twice about not getting the free shogun 2 coupon with my 6870. I have not received any response in five months. If they won't even send an automated response about such a simple matter, why should I trust them with an RMA? My next purchase will probably be EVGA, XFX, or Asus.

Back