Hot? Unlocked Amazon Fire Phone $229 today

JayteeBates

[H]ard|Poof
Amazon Fire Phone - 32GB Unlocked GSM

I'm looking at getting a new phone - and I didn't really look at the fire phone but with a free year of prime included it makes this thing effectively $130 bucks. It's tempting but I am not sure I want to be stuck with the Amazon App store. If it had google play I would be totally all over this.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This is what they should have done from the beginning. Pretty good price for a decent phone now.

Decent price for the hardware. I would prefer an android flavor.

You do know FireOS is an android flavor right...

No I didn't. The one I tried out was heavily blanketed then. My experience with Android phones are mainly with Nexus, Samsung and Sony and the Firephone OS interface was very different.

I pulled the trigger - with the extra year of prime I couldn't justify the $600+ on the nexus 6.

No I didn't. The one I tried out was heavily blanketed then. My experience with Android phones are mainly with Nexus, Samsung and Sony and the Firephone OS interface was very different.

thats because fire os is a fork android.

no google apps because google doesnt allow its apps on forks of android.

thats because fire os is a fork android.

no google apps because google doesnt allow its apps on forks of android.

From what I understand you can sideload gapps. I got the Play store on my kindle fire on stock rom.

My prime is about to renew so I was tempted... but then I thought about it for a minute & realized that its not worth even 130 bucks over my nexus 5.

Back