HOT! XFX 8800 GTX $531 8800 GTS $381 Free Shipping @ Dell

Hornswoggler said:
Ordered my 8800GTS today from Dell, chose next day shipping. I hope they can get it out to me by this Friday but their product page says item ships in 1-2 weeks :(

If its really going to take that long, i might as well drop it down to free standard shipping. Anybody know if these are actually in stock or not?

The GTX's are definitely in stock, not sure about GTS - my order shows as shipped after a day.

good job
dell ships way fast, after i ordered 2 days.
2 days while they said 1 week

I've been looking at this thread since this was posted and I've held out this long. I finally pulled the trigger on this one and ordered an 8800 GTS, don't have enough for the GTX and plus need the rest of money for christmas spending. From what I've seen dell is very fast with shipping and hopefully this will ship out and arrive before christmas.

I got the 8800GTX, the estimated delivery was in 2 weeks+, but they shipped after 1-2 days.

KingPing said:
anytime I have bought from Dell...it always arrives sooner than the original date:)
My 2407 was 4 days after DHL's estimate and 1 after Dell's latest estimate.. I was mad!
mad.gif

I ordered the GTX and my ship date was estimated as the 15th, but I got email this morning saying that the item had been shipped. :cool:

hstuehmeyer2000 said:
if anyone's got a coupon they don't want pm me plz, i really wan't that gts for xmas

Same, if anyone has an extra coupon I would appreciate it, and definitely use it. I may even be able to get below $381 for the GTS if I get an EPP discount tacked on. I'm afraid my 7800GT won't be able to do what I need it to when I get my Westinghouse 37 inch :D

Sweet my 8800 gts just shipped today and its says its scheduled to be here by next tuesday. Gotta love Dell.

oh yeah, my 8800GTS also shipped yesterday!

I should see it on Monday. Overnight was a waste, but whatever.

Manny Calavera said:
No they do not :mad: But nm eff em,go to NCIX.com and look up the EVGA 8800gts ;)
yeah, but you can't buy 10% off coupons on ebay for $1 for NCIX. or get free shipping. damn yankees

did not order yet but might soon

anyone have an extra coupon?

i can pay you since i cant seem to find one on ebay

note235 said:
did not order yet but might soon

anyone have an extra coupon?

i can pay you since i cant seem to find one on ebay

How can you not find Dell coupons on ebay? :confused:
Ebay is flushed with Dell coupons.

price isn't that great after you factor in tax..... i get taxed and it comes out to $410 AFTER ebay coupon....

deal is warm at best... find an 8800gts for $350 shipped... THEN i'll consider :)

Ordered a GTS on Sunday (12/10) and it gave me an estimated ship date of 12/26. Last night when I checked the status, it showed that it had shipped. It seems their estimates aren't fully accurate.

pillagenburn said:
price isn't that great after you factor in tax..... i get taxed and it comes out to $410 AFTER ebay coupon....

deal is warm at best... find an 8800gts for $350 shipped... THEN i'll consider :)

Same here so I can run 8800gts SLI...

Yeah, $380 before tax. $410 after tax, free shipping. Still hot if you ask me.

The same card on NewEgg is what, $460-$470? Add tax and shipping to that makes this at least a very warm deal.

[edit]

I went ahead and did the math. The Leadtek 8800GTS goes for 435.99 (theres a $20 MIR too, but whatever). After shipping and tax, it comes out to $478.09. And that's the cheapest 8800GTS you'll find on NewEgg.

The XFX 8800GTS... my lordy! $480 before shipping and tax, $526.00 after. I'm in southern CA, sales tax is at 8.25%

$410.00 vs. $528 is pretty hot to me. :D

SPARTAN VI said:
I went ahead and did the math. The Leadtek 8800GTS goes for 435.99 (theres a $20 MIR too, but whatever). After shipping and tax, it comes out to $478.09. And that's the cheapest 8800GTS you'll find on NewEgg.

Not sure about these numbers. If you use the "paypalfree" code you get free 3 day shipping and the final cost for me comes out to $435.99 b4 Rebate / $415.99AR

Sounds like a good deal any way you slice it. Assuming of course $420 is within the confines of one's budget.

The Gonz said:
Not sure about these numbers. If you use the "paypalfree" code you get free 3 day shipping and the final cost for me comes out to $435.99 b4 Rebate / $415.99AR

Sounds like a good deal any way you slice it. Assuming of course $420 is within the confines of one's budget.

Final price for you was $435.99? So you don't have to pay sales tax? Shipping for me was like $6.00, sales tax is a bulk of that difference.

SPARTAN VI said:
So you don't have to pay sales tax?

Depending on the destination where you want the item shipped determines whether or not sales tax has to be paid.

NTJedi said:
Depending on the destination where you want the item shipped determines whether or not sales tax has to be paid.

Makes sense, I know I don't have to pay sales tax when I buy from MonarchComputer, and they're in GA.

in terms of saving, 8800 GTX is much better deal.
My calculator says about $559 including TAX to NV.
that's about $70 saving.

I am in NY and I do not have to pay sales tax when I buy from newegg.

I guess for us Yanks the deal is good from dell and we have another option. For others from the sunshine state it may be hotter since there's no 2nd option.

The only states that pay sales tax for newegg are California, Tennesse and New Jeresy

Newegg.com now operates business from locations in CA, TN and NJ to better service our customers across the United States. Orders shipping to Tennessee and New Jersey must be charged sales tax based on the county's rate. California residents living within Los Angeles county will be charged 8.25%. If you live outside of Los Angeles county but in the state of California, a 7.25% tax will be applied.

My 8800GTS came to $404 after tax from Dell. I ordered it on the 6th, and estimated ship date was the 21st. However, it shipped out on the 8th and got here on the 12th (I went free ground shipping). It appears Dell may be using Ingram Micro and drop-shipping cards; mine shipped out of Carol Stream, IL, which is a major distribution point for Ingram.

Can't beat the deal at this time, and of all the video cards I've seen and/or used, I've never seen one this fast. There's still some driver quirks, to be sure (I backed down from 97.44 to 97.02, which has taken care of some issues), but I think we'll see the majority of them worked out in the next few months. None of those quirks are show-stoppers for me.

thanks. just grabbed a 8800gtx for $534.73 + $44.12(CA tax) = $578.85. :)

btw Buy.com has this same card for about the same price right now AR/GCO. for those of you who are spared from paying tax when shopping at Buy.com should probably check out that deal as well..

link

LoneWolf said:
My 8800GTS came to $404 after tax from Dell. I ordered it on the 6th, and estimated ship date was the 21st. However, it shipped out on the 8th and got here on the 12th (I went free ground shipping). It appears Dell may be using Ingram Micro and drop-shipping cards; mine shipped out of Carol Stream, IL, which is a major distribution point for Ingram.

Can't beat the deal at this time, and of all the video cards I've seen and/or used, I've never seen one this fast. There's still some driver quirks, to be sure (I backed down from 97.44 to 97.02, which has taken care of some issues), but I think we'll see the majority of them worked out in the next few months. None of those quirks are show-stoppers for me.

I had an issue with 97.02 where, whenever I tried to look at my GPU temperatures, the control panel would crash. I backed down to the version that came with my card (96.xx or somesuch). Anyone else get this problem?

My friend and I have had ours for about a week now. Super happy with the GTS. Amazing.

syukton said:
I had an issue with 97.02 where, whenever I tried to look at my GPU temperatures, the control panel would crash. I backed down to the version that came with my card (96.xx or somesuch). Anyone else get this problem?

I didn't have that issue, but I heard of people having it. From what I was told, if you make sure you install the latest version of nTune along with the drivers, it should fix your problem. Some people also said that .NET 2.0 was required. I already had this installed (since Catalyst Control Center needed it when I had an ATI card, but I have also heard conflicting reports (which I think are correct, but can't tell you 100%) that nVidia's newest control panel versions have gone to Visual C++ instead and no longer needs .NET.

P.S. If anyone still wants in on this deal, Dell e-mailed me another 10% coupon code. I'll give it out to the first person who PM's me for it for their own use.

EDIT: Coupon taken. :)

Back