Hotmail disables free outlook/express integration.

teststrips

Limp Gawd
Not really sure what category to put this in.. this is the closest cat in my mind, but feel free to move it if it belongs elsewhere.

This is gonna effect a huge amount of people. Hotmail appears to have disabled its free access to download e-mail through outlook express and outlook. This is the message I get:

"hotmail no longer allows email access via Outlook Express for free email accounts.

"Please visit http://www.hotmail.com/oe to learn more (link currently has nothing there)

.... "access to hotmail via Outlook and Outlok express now requires a subscription. Please sign up at Http://upgrade.msn.com"

So far I haven't found even a 3rd party application that converts hotmail to pop/smtp that still works. They all seem to be affected too... I'm supposing there are a lot of people mad at hotmail (or who will be) when they find this out. Hotmail popper didn't work, and I can't even remember the name of the other one. Is anyone still getting through with a free e-mail account?

This doesn't appear to have happened to everyone's account. I just checked my wife's e-mail through outlook and it worked fine. My account was upgraded to the 250meg limit 2 or 3 months ago, and her's is still at 2mb. My hotmail account is pretty old though, i've been using it for at least 7 years, probably longer.. I might possibly be being used as a test account or or something for what's going to be put down the barrel at a later time.

This will happen to everyone after 2005. Check HardOCP frontpage... Theres a news about this,

Back