Hover Hound for Chrome is Officially Released!!!

This is fucking awesome. That is all. Thanks Kyle, tell the team good job. Who do I send the beer to now?

IE 10 only would be fine with me. People need to move on from IE 9. I imagine IE 10 will be out in non-beta form for Windows 7 by the time you get something together.

FF is released in Beta right now. IE is going to take a good bit longer as it does not want to seem to play nice.

If you want to give the FF beta a try, drop me a PM and I will send you over the link.

Just installed this and its working great. Will leave a comment on the extension page after I play around with it a bit more.

Love this idea, is there a way to change it to newegg.ca and amazon.ca for us Canadians?

You read my mind. Good to see its on the roadmap somewhere.

Maybe some Maple syrup and back bacon will speed things along :p

So how was "NewZon" selected as the name over "AmEgg"? Yes, I'm being silly. :p

BAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAAHAHA :D

Greatest. Thing. Ever. Thanks guys!

EDIT: How about an option in the extension setttings to send you to a [H] referrer link for the item? (or did I miss this?)

BAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAAHAHA :D

Greatest. Thing. Ever. Thanks guys!

EDIT: How about an option in the extension setttings to send you to a [H] referrer link for the item? (or did I miss this?)

If you are using the tool, it should send you to an [H] referrer link.

Just started using it and it works! Thanks for the hard work and no more having to link back to the Hardocp web site for the referral.

Another can't wait for firefox! I'll use it whenever I need to purchase parts.

Is there any way that the [H] redirect system can detect if I have NZ installed, that way it skips past it?

Firefox NewZon beta seems to work great!

For me it didn't, and I posted why on the FF/NewZon sticky. But I'll see if the updated (ver. 0.11) one fixes it. I'm not sure what ver. I had; that's another thing I'll check tonight on my home PC.

Amazon video card prices (at least on the 3-4 Im thinking about buying) are terrible... lol. Some of the no rebate prices are actually in line with Neweggs after rebate prices but a lot of them are easily $20+ more.

Amazon video card prices (at least on the 3-4 Im thinking about buying) are terrible... lol. Some of the no rebate prices are actually in line with Neweggs after rebate prices but a lot of them are easily $20+ more.

So just report the price and wait a couple days

Badass. Just got one of my tax refunds today and can already smell the new hardware. And now I'm going to save a few bucks too. Thank you.

This thing is fantastic but I hope it can be expanded to cover every shopping site allowing you to compare any place to Amazon. A Newzon entry in the context menu so you can right-click the item name/model number and pick "Newzon It" would be awesome.

For Chrome it works.
Just tried FF and installs but does not work. Running FF 18.02

This thing is fantastic but I hope it can be expanded to cover every shopping site allowing you to compare any place to Amazon. A Newzon entry in the context menu so you can right-click the item name/model number and pick "Newzon It" would be awesome.

This is very much looking forward and has been discussed.

For Chrome it works.
Just tried FF and installs but does not work. Running FF 18.02

Can you update FF and see if that solves the issue?

Updating to FF 19.0 seems to have corrected it. Now working with FF. However, doesn't seem to function on newegg Main Page but working everywhere else.

Updating to FF 19.0 seems to have corrected it. Now working with FF. However, doesn't seem to function on newegg Main Page but working everywhere else.

Not sure if I am understanding you correctly, but its not supposed to be on the main page, the button is only on the item page that you are looking at(if that makes sense)

Not sure if I am understanding you correctly, but its not supposed to be on the main page, the button is only on the item page that you are looking at(if that makes sense)

NewZon works on product pages, product listing pages with multiple products such as search pages with multiple items.

This thing just saved me ~$40 by taking me to the Amazon link. So then I got to thinking... is there a way to track how much an item was a NE, and how much is was at Amazon at the time of purchase in order to keep a tally of the savings.

While a per individual would be awesome, I'd be thrilled with a [H] community total since I imagine that'd be easier. And yes, I know thats really [H] community since NewZon as branched outside of [H]

I have been using the hell out of this thing since it came out. Happy to support [H] and to feel a bit better about my Amazon buying binges.

can someone direct me to the thread where Newegg and [H] seperated ways? I'm a bit lost on why the newegg distaste as of late. I've used newegg successfully for a LOT of years -- since the mid/late 1990s.

can someone direct me to the thread where Newegg and [H] seperated ways? I'm a bit lost on why the newegg distaste as of late. I've used newegg successfully for a LOT of years -- since the mid/late 1990s.

That's funny I was just wondering if I could ask that question without getting flamed. Frankly, all the redirects are pretty annoying and seem kind of childish... did Newegg do something to hurt a mod's feelings?

That's funny I was just wondering if I could ask that question without getting flamed. Frankly, all the redirects are pretty annoying and seem kind of childish... did Newegg do something to hurt a mod's feelings?

Was mostly discussed in GenMay but I know it got mentioned here a couple times.

Newegg's VP(of Sales?) came out and said that they were no longer going to give the [H] commissioned links because they figure it is all return customers and we would buy from them anyway. Amazon however has been very helpful and wants [H] business so in order to keep the [H] running that we all love we end up with the redirects and the ridiculously AWESOME NewZon!!!

tl;dr - Newegg has been kind of a dick

I would like to comment, that I think the newzon you are trying to promote is getting a bit too much.

I mean when I go into a forum and I get a popup style thingy telling me about newzon....Ok well I already get it when I click on newegg links. I dont need to be reminded how you guys really hate newegg and want us to shop at amazon.

I still shop at newegg and not amazon...why? Because I dont pay sales tax.

Either way anyway you can tone down the amount of newzon stuff you guys push?

^ I agree about tax being a big reason why people will still shop at Newegg over Amazon. The prices in general are pretty comparable, but Amazon's 8.25% tax in TX makes a huge difference.

Back