How bad is this sound card?

munkle

[H]F Junkie
This is the sound card I was going to get. I want it to replace the integrated sound on my a8n-e because the sound pops sometiems now. I use the analog out to go to a reciever and have a xbox 360 using the input to get sound to my reciever also. I would use digital out but I had to update my sound drivers because of problems and the newest drivers dont support analog signals over the spdif. So I am going to upgrade to this card, would this card eliviate my poping sound and let me use me hook my 360 up to my pc and then send it to my reciever?

I have that same card and mobo. The card sounds fine.

The only problem i have really is trying to run DT250-80s off of it, compared to my old Revo 7.1

As a two channel card the AV-710 is a pretty good bargin.
It also excells as a digital source once you upgrade the firmware.
As a multichannel analog card it flat out sucks.

I didn't notice too much of a hit when I ran the Chaintech card before. One thing to note though.. MisterX is right in that the stereo output off the card is great (as is the digital).. but if you're running it analogue you will need and amp. I found it couldn't power even my easy to drive A900s on it's own. Also: This card also falls under the non-creative == no newer EAX (anything over 2), which is nice to have in games. I found PREY to have some excellent sound effects through the XFI I run.

For analog output on a budget I'd recommend AV-710->Pocket Amp V2->Headphones

If you're running it into a receiver you should be good though.

Back