How can G-Skill F2-6400CL4D-2GBHK run 4-4-3-5?

tras doesn't really matter. at all. seriously. ;)

i've actually found that tras 7 and trc 11 is the best combination for performance and clock speed for most of my memory, but dropping tras down to say.. 3 doesn't negatively effect clock speed, only performance :p

It depends on the IC. With most IC's, tras couldn't be dropped all too low. For instance I've got some samsung chips that refuse to have tras below 11 if i hit 266 or above.

micron d9gmh/gkx can handle low tras though, which is probably why those gskill's have such a low rating.

Ok...First off. Some of you people get way too caught up in unrealistic thoughts about timings. Timings make a small difference. Timings should be the last thing you worry about.

Those gskill chips are ProMOS. They are good. However, not really much better from other cheaper micron d9gmh/gkx chips lately. Those ballistix micron d9 kits lately that have been on sale for $80AR or so, will also be able to match or come very close to those 4-4-3-5 timings as well.. Those timings are not that absurd. Both ProMOS and Micron d9gmh chips are very good.

Back