how can i OC my radeon 9800 pro 256MB w/o voiding the warranty?

chronic9

Supreme [H]ardness
I was thinking of getting a VGA cooler and then following a OC guide for my card, but i am affraid of voiding the warranty. Since i like to "break" my card and get it RMAed by Newegg once i decide to sell it.

I am in need of a solution that would help me OC the card and if anything return it to stock physical settings and software settings.

chronic9 said:
I was thinking of getting a VGA cooler and then following a OC guide for my card, but i am affraid of voiding the warranty. Since i like to "break" my card and get it RMAed by Newegg once i decide to sell it.

I am in need of a solution that would help me OC the card and if anything return it to stock physical settings and software settings.

All overclocking will unfrotunately void your warrantee. The only sanctioned method is using ATI's overdrive which we know is safe.

But hey, if you dont go crazy and overclock too much, you can probably get away with using something like ATI Tool, or RADEON Tweaker.

umm ... buddy ... friend ... homeboy ... once u remove the heatsink .. the warranty has been voided ... and once u o/c the warranty has been voided ...

BUT if ure lookin for a way of doin both without it being detected .. then u must be clean about ur job ... do not O/C and burn card .. and do not mess up the hsf replacement job or u will damage something on the card and then it will be very obvious ... so good luck

Overdrive is the only application that is supported by ATI to overclock. Anything else is plain void :p

Back