How do I clear a forgotten bios password. Dell inspiron 15-5576?

_Sin_

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello all,

Long story short, I am stuck with this Dell gaming laptop that a friend of mine purchased off craigslist. He said the PC works the seller was logged into windows with a local account. He didn't think to power reset and boot to make sure it boots fine. Guy seemed honest enough so he skipped that part. The guy is non-responsive to messages. I've tried a few things like I have totally disassembled to find the bios chip, removed power (including CMOS battery) shorting the reset and ground pins for 30 seconds while holding the power button. My next extreme step would be to purchase a bios chip programmer and a new blank bios chip off Ebay or something and desolder and resolder that chip. Can anyone think of any other ways I can clear this password? From what I can surmise the chip is a wind bond 25q64fwsig1711 it's an 8 pin chip package.

Thanks for any suggestions.

try leaving it over night with power/battery disconnected and cmos battery removed. if that doesn't clear it it may have a TPM.

edit: google says no TPM, so hopefully that clears it.

Last edited:
try leaving it over night with power/battery disconnected and cmos battery removed. if that doesn't clear it it may have a TPM.

edit: google says no TPM, so hopefully that clears it.
It's been unplugged for a couple days as I've been trying to find the same bios chip and then how to program it.

Does anyone know if I just get a USB chip flasher and a new bios chip that I'd just be able to flash a stock bios from Dell on there and forever be done with this?

I used this site to unlock my work laptop that the had me so locked down that I couldn't even do my job effectively. Don't know if it will work for that laptop or not though. Good luck.

Back