How do I delete the color profile for my display?

rbanzai

Limp Gawd
After I updated from a fairly old driver for my 6600GT to the current version I decided to use the Nvidia color profile tool to tweak the way my display looks (gamma, color balance, etc.) I couldn't get it quite right and eventually decided to just go with an unmodified profile.

Except I can't find a way to either delete or turn off the changes I made. When I look in the driver I don't see a place to do this.

So... how do I go back to using no color profile at all, or at the least a neutral profile with no settings adjusted?

Thanks

I think the default is the sRGB color space. There should be a profile in Windows default color profile location.

Hmmm. I made the changes inside the Nvidia control panel. I wasn't choosing a color space like one might in Photoshop, as much as going through a "wizard" type process to calibrate gamma and color balance.

Nope, didn't see anywhere I could do it. Maybe there is no way. Once you set a color profile you are stuck with it.

That blows. Wish I knew before I created one.

Have you tried running the wizard again but this time leaving everything at default?

I think this is what I did when I made the same mistake?

That tool is really intended for LCDs. . . the results looked terrible on my gaming CRT.

Right click on the desktop, personalize(properties),display settings, advanced tab, color management tab,then click on color management. You then can remove or add color profiles. This is for vista but should be close to the same way with xp.

Back