How do I get horizontal span in win7?

Elipsn

Limp Gawd
Damnit, seems Win7 doesn't support the old horizontal span feature.....

Ie, currently, I can have a dual display setup, of 1680x1050 x2, but not one display resolution of 3360x1050

Ultramon doesn't do it either

ideas? does anyone know what I mean here? Until I get a 5870, I'm stuck dealing with this....grrr

I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean its stuck in clone mode and the desktop isn't spanning across both monitors?

I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean its stuck in clone mode and the desktop isn't spanning across both monitors?

No, you can do that easily in win7. But, it is achieved by treating both displays as individual, and they each have their own resolution.

What this means is, in order to play a game like WoW accross two screens, I need to be able to have the 3360x1050 resolution - currently, I can't select that because the highest win7 will allow is the screen's native, 1680x1050

I'm trying to figure out a way around, setting desktop res to 3360x1050

can it be done?

Bump, I'm in need of a solution to this also. From what I have read, 7 does not support Horizontal Spanning, can someone help us out?

I think there was a thread about this some time ago.

IIRC, it was concluded it's no longer possible to do it in Windows Vista/7 using software drivers like it was in XP.

Last edited:
Since Vista, you cannot do this w/o hardware support. You need a Matrox dual or triple, or a 5 series Radeon card.

Back