how do i get my quad at 100% load??

S[H]ady

Gawd
I am new to overclocking and new to the quad core scene. i have absolutely no idea how to get all 4 cores going at 100%.
I've seen pics of prime95 with more than 1 instance. how do i set that up? mine only runs one instance.
I really want to know what full load does to this thing.

any advice would be apreciated.

thanks!

Orthos only takes two cores, no matter how many instances (for some reason). Multiple instances of Prime are triggered through shortcuts- for each instance you want, you create a shortcut to it, with a suffix for each: -A0, -A1, -A2, -A3...

if you are running windows you can use the taskmanager to set the affinity of the first Orthos instance to CPU 0 and CPU 1 and set the affinity of the second instance to CPU 2 and CPU 3, that way it will put a load on all cores.

(start 2 instances of Orthos, right-click your taskbar, select taskmanager, go to the processes tab, sort the processes by name by left-clicking on the "image name" label, scroll down to the Orthos.exe processes, right-click and select "set affinity", on the first one, remove the checkmarks for CPU 2 and CPU 3, for the second one, remove the checkmarks for CPU 0 and CPU1)

if you are running windows you can use the taskmanager to set the affinity of the first Orthos instance to CPU 0 and CPU 1 and set the affinity of the second instance to CPU 2 and CPU 3, that way it will put a load on all cores.

(start 2 instances of Orthos, right-click your taskbar, select taskmanager, go to the processes tab, sort the processes by name by left-clicking on the "image name" label, scroll down to the Orthos.exe processes, right-click and select "set affinity", on the first one, remove the checkmarks for CPU 2 and CPU 3, for the second one, remove the checkmarks for CPU 0 and CPU1)

i tried this last night and i still only had about 65% load.

S[H]ady;1031336957 said:

weird, it works like a charm on my xeons

I think OCCT natively supports quad core also, doesn't it?

S[H]ady;1031336957 said:

thats weird. i tried that method and i get 100% load on all cores

SMP client for stanfords folding at home. It runs 4 threads and will max out all 4 cores at 100%, might as well run it all the time. Check out the DC section for more info.

Plus, you get a cool badge:

Back