How do I make my speakers sound better?

selizo

Limp Gawd
I have a set of Creative Labs I-Trigue 3300s which are suppose to be pretty decent speakers but I'm not hearing too much between these and some el cheapos I was hooked with with before....

Is there some sort of program which can help me out?

selizo said:
I have a set of Creative Labs I-Trigue 3300s which are suppose to be pretty decent speakers but I'm not hearing too much between these and some el cheapos I was hooked with with before....

Is there some sort of program which can help me out?

What sound card you using? Sound Cards make a diffrence. If you have integrated audio, then thats probably the problem right there. I have integrated audio on my 5.1 system and it is shitty as hell. Im working on getting a X-Fi very soon.

I have integrated sound :(

On a side note, I've heard the Logitech Z 2300s said by side with speakers simialar to mine and they sound so good :eek:

bah I have no room on my motherboard for another pci card...I have 3(wireless adapter, ide controller, and one is partially obstructed by my X800XL) and all are used up :mad:

No software in the world is going to magically make your sound card or your speakers into higher quality equipment.

jpmkm said:
No software in the world is going to magically make your sound card or your speakers into higher quality equipment.

I'm aware of that but I just felt like I wasted $50 on speakers which don't sound any better than my $7 2.1 system I got last year...either that or I'm deaf...

selizo said:
I have integrated sound.

On a side note, I've heard the Logitech Z 2300s said by side with speakers simialar to mine and they sound so good.

bah I have no room on my motherboard for another pci card...I have 3(wireless adapter, ide controller, and one is partially obstructed by my X800XL) and all are used up
I have the same Problem, i have 3 PCI slots, and i had network card, modem and vid card (NO AGP< i know, i sucks :mad: ) and i am going to get an X-Fi like right after Christmas, so , since we just got High speed like a moth ago,:D, i took out my modem to make room for a sound card later, i also had the choice of removing my network card, because my mobo has an ethernet port on it and the router is in my room, but i like not have even MORE wires, but if uy could wire ur network, that would work.Or u just get a USB 2.0 external sound card, i have heard those do WONDERS to laptops, but not sure bout a desktop?
Hope that makes a little sense and helps u move closer to your disision!

you could try eq-ing your systme... there are software eq's out there.... but get a real sound card....

selizo said:
I'm aware of that but I just felt like I wasted $50 on speakers which don't sound any better than my $7 2.1 system I got last year...either that or I'm deaf...
You may very well have wasted your $50. Who told you that lower end Creative speakers are good? I've got a set of 5.1 Inspires, and they sound worse than bad. Bass is flabby and bloated beyond belief, there are NO mids, and the highs are annoyingly sibilant.

I'd suggest returning them and saving up for the Promedia 2.1s or a set of Swans if you can find them..

BTW, if anyone wants a free pair of 5100 Inspire speakers, they are free if you come and pick them up. I WILL NOT SHIP THEM :)

selizo said:

$50 Speakers is your problem lol. I run my computer audio through a 700w Pioneer reciever and into 5 Infinity Speakers and a 12" 200w powered Sub. Total cost of my setup is almost 2k. And I still am not happy with it. :p

I need a better sound card as well, I am running it all off an old sound blaster PCI :rolleyes:

Back