How do I stop my 4850 from detecting my second monitor automatically?

InCogneato

[H]ard|Gawd
I have my HDTV connected to my 4850 as a second monitor. Every time I turn on the TV my PC will flicker as if detecting the monitor (which haults all operations for a couple seconds). It clones the HDTV automatically no matter what I do, even when the Source Input is not set to the PC. That means anytime I want to watch regular television my PC will detect the TV being turned on. I notice that Vista's "Display Settings" window will not show the monitor detected/turned on while Catalyst does have the second monitor set to Clone.

I dont want the TV auto-detected at all, I want to turn it on manually. It used to work like this on my older nVidia card. Any ideas?

There should be an option to disable this in CCC; if you aren't using it, you really should for the lower-level tinkering (including screen detection).

Crap, Forum issues might be a-lurking... I posted this after your bump. :(

There should be an option to disable this in CCC; if you aren't using it, you really should for the lower-level tinkering (including screen detection).

Crap, Forum issues might be a-lurking... I posted this after your bump. :(

haha, weird. but anyway.

in the "Display Options" section of CCC there are some monitor detect settings. by default it is set to "Use manual detection only (I must click the detect displays button)" so it shouldnt be detecting it when i turn on my tv but for some reason the HDTV does get enabled into clone mode automatically.

one thing to note: i put the HDTV as my primary and turned on and off the secondary monitor (17inch lcd) and it does not have the same problem of detecting it automatically. so it seems to be a problem with the way the card works with the HDTV.

Back