How do I stop my Internal HDDs appearing in the Safely Remove list?

therat

Limp Gawd
I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 motherboard with the latest UEFI bios with AHCI and hot-plugging enabled.

When I boot into Windows 8 all my internal hard disk drives appear in the "Safely Remove Hardware" list.

This used to happen in Windows 7 but I applied a registry patch that fixed it, however the registry fix doesn't work in windows 8.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can stop my hard drives showing in that list?

BTW I do not want to disable/change AHCI or Hot-plugging

cheers

What specific registry items did that old patch fix for Widows 7?
Your going to need to manually change those registry settings more than likely.

This is what I did in Windows 7:

"As administrator, open a command window and execute the following command to add registry keys for each of the SATA devices you want to hide:

reg.exe add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\msahci\Controller(n)\Channel(m)" /f /v TreatAsInternalPort /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

Change (n) for the controller number, e.g. 'Controller0'. Change (m) to the SATA port number e.g. Channel1, Channel2, Channel3... etc."

Unfortunately there is no msachi key under "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\" and I have no idea what the equivalent is.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

cheers

i have no idea how. i tried substituting 'storahci' for msahci as that is what it is called in windows 8 but it didn't work.

any other ideas?

Back