How do you buy a Dell Small business Computer without a business?

what's your intent? are you trying to get a better deal on a system or hoping to get the enterprise level support?

I'm not entirely sure how Dell does it, but when you have different rates for selling stuff to businesses, the Tax ID number is sometimes required. It's kind of like a Social Security number for a business. Just as a SS# identifies you as a person, a Tax ID number identifies a business as a business.

MacdaddyG said:
trying to get a better deal hopefully; I don't own a business
the regular systems aren't cheap enough? ;)

I'd think they'd have measures in place to weed out folks like you (no offense), but best of luck to ya.

i ordered a system that came with a 19" lcd from dell sb, and it only came with a 15" lcd from dell home.

i dont own a business, but it did not ask me for anything when i bought it, and for the address i put in my campus address and everything worked out fine.

I seriously doubt they will ask you for any type of ID... BUT if they do, simply tell them you're running a sole proprietorship, which means your business is basically just "YOU" then all you need for tax ID is your social security number.

hope that helps,
Shhhh

Well I ordered my X1900XT from Dell Small Business and I don't own a business. Transaction went fine, except it was delayed because they were out of stock but hey, it was a KILLER deal.

Pretty much you use your social as the tax id and ordering is the same.

Back