How do you disable intro logos/movies in KOTOR?

I've used this method for getting rid of intros in other games (be warned i've never touched KOTOR, so this might not work):

go into the directory where you installed KOTOR.

look for a MOVIES or similarly named folder.

either delete the files or simply rename the folder.

this works for all battlefield games ;)

I wouldn't try that in KOTOR. There are a lot of in game movies/cutscenes.

You can skip them. All you need to do is click your mouse to skip them, unlike EAGames intros/logos (ie. Medal of Honor).

pika2000 said:
You can skip them. All you need to do is click your mouse to skip them, unlike EAGames intros/logos (ie. Medal of Honor).

Well, duh. The idea is to DISABLE them.

FWIW, I tried the .ini key that does just that for neverwinter nights (kotor uses the same engine) but no joy.

Damn you bioware.

if you want to keep your cutscenes etc, do this.

A: make a copy of all of the movie files in the movie folder, just keep them in the movie folder.

B: rename the 3 files that you think are the intro clips

C: start up KOTOR, make sure that those 3 ARE the intro movies.

D: if the intro movies are still there, replace the renamed files with the copies, rinse and repeat with the rest of the files.

Thanks, Ppat...worked like a charm.

For anyone interested, the files are:
biologo.bik
legal.bik
leclogo.bik

Wow, what is it, six years later? This totally is what I was looking for in good old 2010 after downloading KOTOR off of steam. I haven't tried it yet (still downloading the game again), but I'm going to rename those three movies.

Partly because, after modding the game some to work in Widescreen, the game seems to crash during those movies and it'd be nice to not have them play.

And here I am, 10 years after the last post, more than 16 years after the game was released, playing it for the first time.

Thanks for the tips on renaming the files. That worked perfectly. :)

Weren't sales legit for this series? Why hasn't there been another one in recent years?

Weren't sales legit for this series? Why hasn't there been another one in recent years?

The 2nd game was pretty incomplete and buggy, and even though it was not made by bioware itself, it might have cost them the licencing deal

The 2nd game was pretty incomplete and buggy, and even though it was not made by bioware itself, it might have cost them the licencing deal

From what I recall LucasArts owned the rights the whole time and George Lucas decided shortly after K2 that he didn't want to do Star Wars video games, he later reversed course but they have been fairly picky since then. There were several other SW games that came out in the same timeframe too though including a stinker or two so I'm not sure if K2 is the cause, personally I think it was just him wanting to make sure he had full artistic control of the IP.

It was originally supposed to be a trilogy and allegedly some of the preproduction work went into Jade Empire and then more resurfaced when they did the online KOTOR several years later. Obsidian improved the gameplay in KOTOR2 and made numerous improvements to the Aurora engine but seemed to run short on production time considering how much was cut and the amount of bugs, the first one was a little rough too though.

KOTOR3 is my HL3 and I eagerly awaited news for years but I pretty much gave up hope when they did the multiplayer game.

Lots of crashes in kotor happen at video prompts, especially the intro, so I'm sure this will help somebody.

Play the fan made restoration. doubleplus good. It restored tons of buried content in the install files including fleshing out the ending. Lucasarts force obsidian to rush it out for Xmas.

Back