how do you load a bitmapimage in wpf?

complete

Weaksauce
In a silverlight app, I have a BitmapImage defined as System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage and it as a method called "SetSource" where I can set the source like this:
Code:
	BitmapImage bitmap = new BitmapImage(); 
	System.IO.Stream stream = _scene.GetStream(); 
	if (stream == null) return; 
	bitmap.SetSource(stream);
In a WPF application I have also have a Bitmap image defined as System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage but there is no SetSource method. How do I set the source in a WPF app like I do in a Silverlight app?

Also, it is a stream, not a string. It is not a URI. so "UriSource" method does not work. I tried this:

Code:
 	System.IO.Stream stream = _scene.GetStream(); 
        if (stream == null) return; 
        BitmapImage bitmap = new BitmapImage(); 

bitmap.UriSource = new Uri(stream.ToString());

And at runtime, it threw an error tha URI cannot be determined. Is the URI an identifier for the intranet? Are you sure that this is not a silverlight thing? I am doing a WPF application

Where is the image stored? Is it a resource? If so, how is it setup?

Edit:
And at runtime, it threw an error tha URI cannot be determined. Is the URI an identifier for the intranet? Are you sure that this is not a silverlight thing? I am doing a WPF application
Think of it more like a "just within your assembly-only" resource path. The file needs to be tagged with a Build Action of "Resource". The paths look something like this:
Code:
pack://application:,,,/AssemblyName;component/AnyOptionalFolderStructuresInYourProject/logo.png

Last edited:
Back