How do you update the Asus SK8N motherboard's bios? May help with 6800U problem.

Blad3

Gawd
The first time I tried it didn''t work, it said something like "No BIOS/Flash update information found" when I typed A:\SK8N1004.exe in Windows XP Safe Mode under cmd.exe/Prompt...All the files from the SK8N1004.zip file are on the Bootable, MS-DOS prompt floppy. Any ideas?

I need to do this because my Graphics Card isn't working properly, so I have to try and update the SK8N motherboard bios to see if it makes a difference/fixes the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

what is GC prob? i think iv'e had and fixed EVERY 6800U prob in the last two weeks, as for bios flashing i would imagine that the executable you mention requires a correct syntax entry such as a:/sk8n1004 -f filename.rom but i dont know mate tbh

so_cal_forever said:
You cant do it under safe mode, you have to do a floppy boot and flash it that way.

you could use live update and do it automaticaly in windows and on reboot it will update for you.

Get your mobo disc and expore for live update and install it
boot to windows and run the progy. It will update itself off the web then you follow the wizard for your bios flash . Its a nice gui you pick a server and it downloads the bios flash it simulates doing it for you in real time but it actually does it on reboot.

live update doesn't work with the SK8N1004 patch.

what is GC prob?
Games freeze at any res/detail graphics and then you can play again, then soon after it will freeze etc etc. Somtimes, like 30 minutes ago, it will automatically restart the computer when playing. Idle GPU temp is 68-70+. In game it almost always goes up to 75-8+.

[n00b lvl] OK i'll do a floppy boot - don't know how but i'll try. [/n00b lvl]

Back