How does this hardware look for an XP MCE HTPC?

Looks fine.

What video card are you going with? Make sure MCE supports it or you are in for trouble.

Also, I would suggest you go with a hard drive for the OS and a seperate drive for the video storage.

valve1138 said:
Looks fine.

What video card are you going with? Make sure MCE supports it or you are in for trouble.

Also, I would suggest you go with a hard drive for the OS and a seperate drive for the video storage.

as mentioned above, grab a cheapo vid card. I have a 5200fx 128mb in my htpc that works just fine. Just make sure you stick with the cards on the compatibility list. I learned that lesson the hard way.

and don't forget the MCE remote! Makes MCE fun to control, rather than wrastlin' a bear.

Thanks everybody. So you wouldn't make changes to the hardware I want to buy other than adding a remote and video card?

Noah said:
Thanks everybody. So you wouldn't make changes to the hardware I want to buy other than adding a remote and video card?

Have two seperate hard drives. One for the recorded TV shows and other media, and one just for the OS.

Back