how does this PSU look for my system?

That should work even though it's an older 20-pin (ATX 12v 1.3 ?). The 12V rail is pretty high for an old 410W PSU and the brand couldn't really get better... If you plan on using this PSU only for this computer and not plan on upgrading the mobo/cpu or use SLI in the future it should be fine. I would personally prefer a 20+4 pin PSU, PCI-E connectors, etc. (v2.0) for better future-proofing it. You can get an Antec Truepower-2, Fortron Bluestorm, or Enermax v2.0 for near that price range, but none of them carry the name that PCP&C has.

The Truepower-2 480W is probably the same thing as the Neopower without the modular cables and about $30-$35 cheaper, unless you're comparing the once every 3 months rebate special that 1% of the readers are lucky enough to score on the Neopower. If his budget range is around $85, it's also pretty hard to fit a Neopower in that range. We'll know for sure when SLCentral gets the Truepower-2 review up.

Actbuy.com has the Fortron 500 blue storm for $78 and shipping is free.

my friend is selling that particular one, so thats why i asked if it was ok for my system.. he's selling it for $50, been used for about 4 months... just wondering if i should go through this deal

Back