how far away...

kidicarus74

Limp Gawd
i was cleaning my desk today and had an idea. i have a samsung 17" lcd w/ the 12ms response time but i always push it all the way to the back of my desk. i decided to move it forward about a foot. now the display looks a lot larger to me, and i can see things much more clearly, but playing games makes it slightly disorienting...

so, my question is, how far you you sit away from your monitor (and what's it reso.)?

before i was at 1280x1024 and sat probably 4-4.5 feet, now it's more like 3... i know it's a pointless question, but i was curious... :p

It's all about what is your comfort level and what you can live with. Some people love the "In your face" approach, some don't. No right or wong on this one

Luck

17" CRT as well, 1024x768, about an arm's length back, so ~2-1/2' (eyes aren't so great, but I honestly don't like staring at something any closer)

BillR said:
It's all about what is your comfort level and what you can live with. Some people love the "In your face" approach, some don't. No right or wong on this one
I couldn't agree more. When my 8-yr-old 17" NEC died earlier this year, my husband tried to convince me I needed to go bigger. I had to insist that I really didn't want a bigger monitor!

Technology has come a long ways in 8 years, though. My new 17" has one more inch of diagonal viewing space while being in a smaller case and much easier on the eyes. :)

Sitting distance of 18 inches. Resolution of 1920 x 1200 at 23 inches. That's kinda scary now that I think about it.

Lethal said:
I couldn't agree more. When my 8-yr-old 17" NEC died earlier this year, my husband tried to convince me I needed to go bigger. I had to insist that I really didn't want a bigger monitor!

Technology has come a long ways in 8 years, though. My new 17" has one more inch of diagonal viewing space while being in a smaller case and much easier on the eyes. :)

Men always want bigger, it's in the genes ;)

Back