How fast do you rip with EAC?

alexyang

Limp Gawd
I ran a search with EAC and Exact Audio Copy as title keywords, and I did not find any answer to my question.

How fast do you rip with EAC?

I expect to get around 15x on good discs, around 7x on discs with modest scratching, but things can go very slow (0.1x) when it finds a serious problem. If you are having a problem wiht a specifc disc, you can clean it. Clean the discs with your fingers and a mild detergent with water, rinse, shake and air dry.

Damn, am I missing some file?

I get about 3x on the DVD burner that came with my Dell XPS 400.

I usually get 40x but...

I first rip in burst mode. If it's found in the AccurateRip database then I'm done. If not I run a rip test and check the CRCs. If they match, I'm done. If they don't match I re-rip in secure mode (normal rip and test rip). If the CRCs still don't match (has only happend once) I tend to just stick with the burst rip.

I don't often have to go past step two so yeah, normally 40x. :)

alexyang said:

I may be wrong but I think some drives are rip locked, or whatever the correct term is, limiting them to ripping at slow speeds

I vary somewhere between 1x and 9x in secure mode with an ASUS DVD-E616A.

alexyang said:

Do you have a decent ASPI layer installed (e.g. the one that comes with Nero)?

DefineByte said:
Do you have a decent ASPI layer installed (e.g. the one that comes with Nero)?

I run Windows XP MCE, and I followed the bestmp3guide's instruction of downloading the Nero ASPI layer file and putting it in the EAC directory.

Or is there something else?

As long as ASPI is selected in EAC's options it should be all systems go.

Your drive may just be very slow in secure mode. It's not uncommon.

Try ripping in burst mode and see if it's faster. If you're getting decent speed everything's probably working fine. You could do the same as me and rip everything in burst mode twice (test and copy) if secure's too slow for you. The CRC check will tell you if there was a problem.

Back