How good is ebay?

CRaZYMoFo

Limp Gawd
im looking to buy an x2 3800+ and a dell 2405fpw on ebay as i cant afford either from newegg.com and the like
how trustworthy is ebay for hardware?
this is very important as i am a very poor soon to be college student lol

As long as the seller has real good feedback, you should be ok. Make sure you read the auction carefully for warranty and return info,etc. ebay is a good place to find cheap parts but I like to buy from hard forums even more.

just depends in the seller... use paypal, buy with a credit card, and make sure you check out their feedback. sometimes, even if they have a really high rating, they will have quite a few of negatives speckled in there, i try to avoid those people.

email the seller, see how well he communicates. make sure insurence is being included for high dollar items like that. ask about return policy.

im a pretty regular ebay seller, so feel free to PM me any questions :)

thanks a lot
as of now i dont know anyting about ebay lol
never used it in the past
how do i find out about the negatives?

They should be listed in the sellers feedback, you can click on the feedback number and it will list the details of the feedback good and bad.

I'd recommend buying a retail boxed CPU if you go the ebay route, in addition to making sure the seller has good feedback. If you buy a OEM CPU it's only warrantied through the seller for whatever time they specify.

yes i am looking at retail cpus
especially as i would like the stock fan as a backup :)
yes i check out the hardforum for sales as well but im not finding any cpus or 2405s atm
im looking to purchase in september though
just had to ask about ebay now

CRaZYMoFo said:
im looking to buy an x2 3800+ and a dell 2405fpw on ebay as i cant afford either from newegg.com and the like
how trustworthy is ebay for hardware?
this is very important as i am a very poor soon to be college student lol

Ebay is fine, just don't buy from people who have less then... about, 94% rating.

And if a person does have negative feedback, read it and see what the complaint was. Sometimes the person didn't deserve the negative. I got a negative feedback that will be on my record forever and it wasn't even my fault. Some dipshit sent me a mini-CD in a regular envelope. Needless to say, it was shattered upon arrival. I left him negative, so he did the same for me. Moron... :rolleyes:

^^damn that sucks, i will read up everything i could on the seller though
knowing that i could probably find these currently impossible items for a possible price on ebay is exciting lol
maybe i could get the logitech z-5500 instead of the z-5300 as well :)

Back