How high do you think I'll be able to push this chip?

the@ntipop

Gawd
So I finally got some time to start working my 3200+ 0520 Venice from the NJ Tech Tour. I'm in the phase where I see how high I can go on stock voltage (1.4v) and I have to say I think I've done something wrong. I got back from work today to see my 650mhz overclock was prime stable for 9 hours. Right now I'm running 2.7ghz and it's been prime stable for an hour. ON STOCK VOLTAGE!!!

I don't want to get too excited yet, but I'm really hoping to push 3ghz on air. Temps are pretty low right now (48C under load, 32C idle) so I think I've got a shot at a 50% overclock with no more than .1 v extra. I haven't seen anyone get this kind of o/c on stock voltage and air plus I've never gotten a monster overclock on my chips so forgive me for gushing a bit. Anyway, I'll bump it up to 2.8 in a few hours if this stays stable and report back when I hit the limit on 1.4v. Wish me luck :D

wow, 2.7ghz on stock is nice... though my 3700+ newark did 2.75ghz with 1.45v and coul barely barely break 2.9ghz, even with water.

Well, 2.8 won't go without 1.475v (CPUz and speedfan show it as 1.52) and temps are up to 55C under load. I'll prime it overnight and get screens, but I think I'm going to have to stay here until I get a chance to reapply AS and reseat the heatsink. I had a bitch of a time getting my XP120 on the first time and it no doubt screwed up the thermal paste in the process. I think it could do 3ghz if I had a high speed fan or watercooling, luckily it does 2.8 whisper quiet.

Edit: Here's a pic of 30m pifast.
30mpi.JPG

Yeah 1.52 is a bit diferent than stock Vcore ;)
My Venice will post at 2.8 with 1.5Vcore as well. Its week 17.

Edit: I was using the exact same rame as you are too :cool:
I sold and am looking for good 1gb sticks.

not bad but i would be a little hesitant with 55C load, i get nervous when i hit 45 load but even at 2.7 that is sweet

Back