How hot is to hot?

R!P13y

Limp Gawd
Need to know how hot is to hot for my video card? I want to OC more but I dont know how hot I should let it go to? When I do OC i use DNA drivers and ATItool and I watch the temps and they go up to around 60*c, is that to high or meh not really?...When I am done ocing i lock it at 560/607 and it drops to around 45*c- 50*c and runs good no glitches. I just want to know how hot is to hot and if I am runnning now to hot?

Oh and in games it is around 55*c... I maybe just a scared little ocer but.... :confused:

In my opinion anything above 70c is too hot to OC and anything around 60c is risky. I like my card at 50c load and 30c Idle. Hard to get it like that though... :(

{NG}Fidel said:
In my opinion anything above 70c is too hot to OC and anything around 60c is risky. I like my card at 50c load and 30c Idle. Hard to get it like that though... :(

Ok thanks then I dont think I am going to try and get anything else out of my card. I will just leave it locked up at 560/607.... :D

R!P13y said:
Need to know how hot is to hot for my video card? I want to OC more but I dont know how hot I should let it go to? When I do OC i use DNA drivers and ATItool and I watch the temps and they go up to around 60*c, is that to high or meh not really?...When I am done ocing i lock it at 560/607 and it drops to around 45*c- 50*c and runs good no glitches. I just want to know how hot is to hot and if I am runnning now to hot?

Oh and in games it is around 55*c... I maybe just a scared little ocer but.... :confused:

you still have lots of room. :)

pigpen said:
you still have lots of room. :)

really you think so, like tell me how and what i need to do, like should i lower the ram and oc the core more or or or... "i need your help" thx

I find anything above 70C starts producing graphics glitches on screen. My normal temperature running games with X850 XT at 540 / 590 is 65C, so if yours is only 55C, you're doing well.

Ever looked into custom cooling? if your on air.. i highly reccomend the ati silencer!

Trippy! said:
Ever looked into custom cooling? if your on air.. i highly reccomend the ati silencer!

Ummmm look at my sig and you will see I have the ATi 4 thanks for the suggestion though... :D

Back