How I got the 2405 for $740 (or $660) - sharing time!

Pinipig523

[H]ard|Gawd
I got the 2405 for $740 (actually lower, I'll tell you later).

Here's the idea:
- There are 2 divisions of Dell (3 actually, but let's focus on just 2); Dell Home and Dell Small Business. Why am I telling you this? Because there are 2 coupons (33% off and $60 of $500) that work only one and not the other.
- The 33% off coupon will work ONLY with Dell Home.
- The $60 off $500 will work ONLY with Dell SB (There is another $60 off coupon and although it works for Dell Home ONLY, it doesnt work in this case BECAUSE the orig. stock price of the 2405 is over $1000).

Here's what I did:
- Call Dell SB.
- Tell them you want to put the order in for a 2405.
- Tell them you have a 33% off coupon (V96?D5167JSZ27). Yes, I know this coupon is for Dell Home, but if you call Dell SB - IT WILL WORK OVER THE PHONE!
- Then, after they quote you $798, tell them you have a $60 off $500 coupon (THIS IS THE CLINCHER)! The coupon code is this (X4XF13ZVZ$RX48) NOT this (FKPVH8KZFHDJT?). The LATTER only works for Dell HOME orders and doesnt work for things OVER $1000 orig. stock price while the FORMER works for ANY cost order ONLY in Dell SB.
- You will be quoted $738.

Recap:
- 2 coupons used:
1) 33% off coupon (V96?D5167JSZ27) <- supposedly ONLY for Dell Home, but will work with Dell SB over the PHONE.
2) $60 off $500 (no limit in original item price) (X4XF13ZVZ$RX48) <- only works for Dell SB and NOT Dell Home.
3) The other $60 off $500 has a limit of orders UNDER $1000 (FKPVH8KZFHDJT?) works ONLY for Dell SB, BUT will NOT work this time around since the 2405's stock price is OVER $1000.

Got it?

BTW, here's how I got mine down to $660.

1) I did what I just said above.
2) I had previously ordered a pair of 1905s but called to cancel it since I was getting a 2405. They told me that if I didnt cancel the order, I would get $80 credit on my 2405 order. I said OK and sold the 1905s to my coworkers for the price I paid ($258 w/ ship and tax EACH).

There.... too many times people brag about how they got their low price but most of the time, no one offers help. Well, here's mine.

It will end by this afternoon since the Dell SB phone reps wont be on after business hours and the $60 off $500 (the one with no price limit) will expire tonight as well.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Pinipig523 said:
I got the 2405 for $740 (actually lower, I'll tell you later).

Here's the idea:
- There are 2 divisions of Dell (3 actually, but let's focus on just 2); Dell Home and Dell Small Business. Why am I telling you this? Because there are 2 coupons (33% off and $60 of $500) that work only one and not the other.
- The 33% off coupon will work ONLY with Dell Home.
- The $60 off $500 will work ONLY with Dell SB (There is another $60 off coupon and although it works for Dell Home ONLY, it doesnt work in this case BECAUSE the orig. stock price of the 2405 is over $1000).

Here's what I did:
- Call Dell SB.
- Tell them you want to put the order in for a 2405.
- Tell them you have a 33% off coupon (V96?D5167JSZ27). Yes, I know this coupon is for Dell Home, but if you call Dell SB - IT WILL WORK OVER THE PHONE!
- Then, after they quote you $798, tell them you have a $60 off $500 coupon (THIS IS THE CLINCHER)! The coupon code is this (X4XF13ZVZ$RX48) NOT this (FKPVH8KZFHDJT?). The LATTER only works for Dell HOME orders and doesnt work for things OVER $1000 orig. stock price while the FORMER works for ANY cost order ONLY in Dell SB.
- You will be quoted $738.

Recap:
- 2 coupons used:
1) 33% off coupon (V96?D5167JSZ27) <- supposedly ONLY for Dell Home, but will work with Dell SB over the PHONE.
2) $60 off $500 (no limit in original item price) (X4XF13ZVZ$RX48) <- only works for Dell SB and NOT Dell Home.
3) The other $60 off $500 has a limit of orders UNDER $1000 (FKPVH8KZFHDJT?) works ONLY for Dell SB, BUT will NOT work this time around since the 2405's stock price is OVER $1000.

Got it?

BTW, here's how I got mine down to $660.

1) I did what I just said above.
2) I had previously ordered a pair of 1905s but called to cancel it since I was getting a 2405. They told me that if I didnt cancel the order, I would get $80 credit on my 2405 order. I said OK and sold the 1905s to my coworkers for the price I paid ($258 w/ ship and tax EACH).

There.... too many times people brag about how they got their low price but most of the time, no one offers help. Well, here's mine.

It will end by this afternoon since the Dell SB phone reps wont be on after business hours and the $60 off $500 (the one with no price limit) will expire tonight as well.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Although I've already got one, I agree, rarely will anyone share their method for the price they've gotten. Kudos to you :cool:

seigejet said:
Although I've already got one, I agree, rarely will anyone share their method for the price they've gotten. Kudos to you :cool:

Thanks!

May I remind everyone.... THIS ENDS THIS AFTERNOON! Once the Dell SB phone reps leave for the night, the deal is OVER.

If you were thinking of gettng the 2405.... do it now!! :)

Fyri...I just tried this...no good, they wouldn't double discount the coupons and they said the 33% had expired and would only give me 30% off.

Try again..

I called in, and got a RIDICULOUS price.. so much so that I ordered several.

Just have to get the right person who's willing to work with you. If not.. call back.

My person was in the online order help desk.

All said and done, it took me about 2 hours on the phone, and I paid WELL under the original poster's BEST deal price.

ChrisJohnson00TA said:
Try again..

I called in, and got a RIDICULOUS price.. so much so that I ordered several.

Just have to get the right person who's willing to work with you. If not.. call back.

My person was in the online order help desk.

All said and done, it took me about 2 hours on the phone, and I paid WELL under the original poster's BEST deal price.

What kind of price did you get it for? You RIDICULOUS expression left me quite curious...

ultramutalisk said:
What kind of price did you get it for? You RIDICULOUS expression left me quite curious...

*edit to protect myself just in case*

How about 50% off of the home price before the coupons? :)

Eric1285 said:
Deal's dead. I'd share my tactics, but I need to use them to get a few more parts.

You are annoying.

You are the reason Pinipig started this thread, and now you threadcrap with "I got a better deal, but I won't tell you how I did it."?

Did I mention you are annoying?

Whoa, $520...

that's all I got to say, I'm speechless

Edit: I agree 100% with the previous post. All your doing is bragging and being an ass, don't make posts just to show off.

tys90 said:
Whoa, $520...

Yeah, maybe so. I used no odd tatics other than placing a phone call like it was posted at the begining of the thread. Even at that, I've never (directly) ordered anything from Dell before.

I did PM the information to 8man2k.... any luck?

Just got off the phone at 2:45pm PST, and my order went through. Took the guy on the phone 15 min to go force the coupons on through, but it worked, $740!

Thanks.

ItsTooHot said:
You are annoying.

You are the reason Pinipig started this thread, and now you threadcrap with "I got a better deal, but I won't tell you how I did it."?

I agree with ItsTooHot. Why not just keep your trap shut in the first place, if you're not willing to share.

Eric1285 said:
Deal's dead. I'd share my tactics, but I need to use them to get a few more parts. I'll be happy to make a detailed post once I've got everything I need. I'd rather not have Dell catch on quite yet =)

boo on you, its not like dell is surfing these forums to stop people from getting good deals...on with the info already

Dapperdan said:
boo on you, its not like dell is surfing these forums to stop people from getting good deals...on with the info already

All right, whatever. I'm telling you, the deal is dead, the method I use to get the prices isn't supposed to work, but it does. Clearly you guys can't handle these simple facts, so all my above posts have been deleted.

Chris

I got your pm, negotiating now...I'll let you know ho wit goes.

Thanks

I'm glad that you guys were able to use my method and saved yourself some cash!

Next time you guys got a deal, make sure to PM me!

:D

Nice job Pinipig523

If I had not already bought a 2405 for a price inflated compared to your method, I would jump on this. Hell, I am tempted to get it just to do dual 24in but have to save money.
Thanks though.
For those that brag and not share, have a good life being selfish...I heard that is in nowadays although I am sure it sucks to be lonely.

Hopefully I'll be able to pull the trigger on this today...I'll let you know how good a deal I get.

8man2k said:
Fyri...I just tried this...no good, they wouldn't double discount the coupons and they said the 33% had expired and would only give me 30% off.

I ran into the same issue. The dell rep would only give me 30% off but still allowed the stackable coupon. I decided the extra 3% off was not worth fighting for so I went ahead with the purchase anyway.

Ordering it is one thing. Having it delivered on time is another...

DHL accidentally routed my package (2405fpw) back to Dell and now it's scheduled for delivery on Monday the 1st. The original “estimated delivery date” was Thursday the 28th. I can’t believe Dell uses DHL for ground shipping; IMHO, they are the worst shipping company of them all. ~80% of our packages from DHL deliver late.

ItsTooHot said:
You are annoying.

ITH is the king!

OregonLAN said:
Ordering it is one thing. Having it delivered on time is another...

DHL accidentally routed my package (2405fpw) back to Dell and now it's scheduled for delivery on Monday the 1st. The original “estimated delivery date” was Thursday the 28th. I can’t believe Dell uses DHL for ground shipping; IMHO, they are the worst shipping company of them all. ~80% of our packages from DHL deliver late.

I dislike DHL as well, but UPS is much worse (from my experiences anyway). Well, a good deal is a good deal, what's wrong with waiting three more days :rolleyes:

seigejet said:
I dislike DHL as well, but UPS is much worse (from my experiences anyway). Well, a good deal is a good deal, what's wrong with waiting three more days :rolleyes:

Hehe, patience is something I lack...
I was anxious to use it this weekend. Oh well, I've been waiting 3 weeks, what's a couple more days?

Back